• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Mighty Wallabies - the Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Since it's a Disney movie the opposition in the big game would have to be someone the US dislike. So if it was set in the 1991 WC England would become USSR (modelled on the 2003 team so they play like robots). Australia and "USSR" would be in the same pool to begin with and Australia would get thumped and their star player injured. Then he can hobble around on crutches being all depressed and forlorn until making a match winning return in the final scoring the winning try in the last second.

Then because for Disney facts are just little inconviences the great victory and celebrations will result in the Berlin wall being torn down (2 years after it actually happened) by hugely patriotic USSR fans who magically changed sides as they were inspired by the free flowing way that Aus played their rugby.

Also as Hollywood can no longer make 1 off movies, there will be a further 4 movies in the franchise covering other famous wins culminating in Aus winning the newly expanded Rugby Championship with Iran substituted for NZ.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
I'd like McCaw set up as the villian. The crimes he commits could be not keeping his hands off stuff he shouldn't be touching. That way there could be an awesome car chase with Quade being chased through exploding streets by McCaw (who is hell bent on putting his hands on him) ending in a Kung Fu extravaganza with plenty of smashed windows.

You could chuck in Stef Rice as Quades love interest. That way there could be an all singing and dancing Bollywood style wedding at the end. JOC (James O'Connor) or Beale could be set up as Quades reluctant adventure partner, there bye setting up the need for some kind of resolution or something and them moving there relationship from dysfunctional to best buds.

The rest of the Wallabies and All Black are there just for the scenes involving rugby. No point giving them lines, they can all just stand round like stale bottles of piss. In Invictus other than Chester and Francois the rest of the team got fuck all lines and it was an awesome movie.

Put in a soulful soundtrack, some special effects and that's a wrap. See you all in LA for the awards season.

BPC

Phil Hardcastle (33)
The film could be about the recent RWC campaign culminating in the semi-final against NZ. However I am unsure whether to place it in the Mission Impossible franchise or claim a reboot of "A Bridge Too Far".

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
Im not sure if its kosher to bring back this great thread... But watching game of thrones last night i was struck by the uncanny resemblance between the boy king Joffrey and JOC (James O'Connor);
James+O+connor+Australia+IRB+RWC+2011+Training+__G-im58-5Kl.jpg
350px-Joffrey_Baratheon.PNG

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Im not sure if its kosher to bring back this great thread... But watching game of thrones last night i was struck by the uncanny resemblance between the boy king Joffrey and JOC (James O'Connor);
James+O+connor+Australia+IRB+RWC+2011+Training+__G-im58-5Kl.jpg
350px-Joffrey_Baratheon.PNG
I want to like JOC (James O'Connor), I really do and then you go and post this

Karl

Bill McLean (32)
If its any good the Yanks will do a remake with American actors and just keep a token Dwarf in there from the original because Verne Troyer doesn't have the physicality for the role.

Should be a big break for Genia.

Status
Not open for further replies.