• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The new Wallaby jersey

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
I don't hate it. Simple designs are the best ones but its too yellow. Should be more golden.

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
I don't hate it. Simple designs are the best ones but its too yellow. Should be more golden.

This is simple, but it's asymmetrical. Looks an awful lot like a tennis T-Shirt somehow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
It looks like a tshirt, not a jersey.

I wonder if this is on purpose so you will be able to buy a supporter tshirt at World Cup time?

I guess they would find more people to pay $40 for a Tshirt that will buy a jersey.

I hope there is a good away strip to buy

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It's not that bad.............. better than anything Kooga/BLK put out.

I much prefer no collar to fake collars.............

The main flaw in that picture is the colour, so let's wait and see if it's actually that yellow when it launches. I would hope that Asics would keep the same gold colour as last years design..............

Does it remind anyone else of a cricket shirt design?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Is it really better than the last RWC jersey?

QWJR049-2.jpg

I prefer the KooGa one.

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
It's not that bad...... better than anything Kooga/BLK put out.

I much prefer no collar to fake collars.....

The main flaw in that picture is the colour, so let's wait and see if it's actually that yellow when it launches. I would hope that Asics would keep the same gold colour as last years design......

Does it remind anyone else of a cricket shirt design?
Yeah it's a little bit 90s pajamas odi cricket and a little bit tennis t shirt. Nothing particularly rugby about it. It'd make a decent Hookeyroos jersey, but it's not a wallabies jersey

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
What's the problem? It's clean, simple and looks good to me - something a supporter can throw on with a pair a jeans and still look OK.

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
Is it really better than the last RWC jersey?

QWJR049-2.jpg

I prefer the KooGa one.
Gotta admit I hated that green piping, but I liked their 2013 effort. It wasn't perfect, but it was the closest we've had to a solid gold jersey with a green collar for a while

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Collars are a thing of the past though..........

I say keep it crew cut like a t-shirt, or emulate the Adidas designs.................

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
What's the problem? It's clean, simple and looks good to me - something a supporter can throw on with a pair a jeans and still look OK.

Get rid of the weird thing on the shoulder and it'd be good, but with it the thing looks off to me.

Interesting to see how they sell. Unless it manages to look a lot better in person or the Wallabies win the RWC whilst wearing it I don't see myself wanting one as a fan

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

If it stays the same gold colour as last year's design it's not going to look that bad.............

Sure, if they got rid of the sleeve striping and left the southern cross alone it would be near perfect, but it's really no worse than anything that's come out since 2006.

GTPIH

Ted Thorn (20)
In ASICS' (and every other jersey maker we've had) defence, I assume the ARU has to approve the final design, so the fault lies with the marketing clown that approved it.

I shudder to think what designs were rejected, if this got through.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
the shade of green is actually what I dislike most about this jersey, the classic jersey from my childhood is the Canterbury 1999 rugby world cup design with that almost emerald green (which you can almost see reflected in the shade used by G&GR). These days most of the producers are tending to go to base colours where the gold is fluro yellow and green a sick collared greens green. Its unfortunate.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

and unfortunately therein lies the problem with modern jersey design. Need to be fashion statements.