• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Number Eight Situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
Fair enough, but he does take it upon himself sometimes to truck it up and it takes a couple of defenders to bring him down. But your right, it isn't his main job, as it is for the other names you have mentioned. I was just trying to avoid comparing Higgers to Elsom really.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Scotty said:
What I think he excels at is support play. He is always supporting the ball carrier, always chasing, always there when someone makes a half break.

You mean seagulling? :fishing

S

Spook

Gagger said:
Scotty said:
What I think he excels at is support play. He is always supporting the ball carrier, always chasing, always there when someone makes a half break.

You mean seagulling? :fishing

Is the start of NSW fans calling him a sea gull for the rest of his career? :sharpe:

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Not sure what you mean, but Stephen Hoiles also excels at support play :sharpe:

Another candidate for Wallaby 8...

Langthorne

Phil Hardcastle (33)
based on the Tahs-Brumbies match, I can't see Mowen or Hoiles playing number 8 for the Wallabies any time soon, especially if the Palu hard yards that need replacing are considered. I'm sorry to say Elsom didn't exactly show much go forward either. Probably only Dave Dennis looked a strong ball runner tonight.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
Yeh some of the young players like McCalman, Houston, Dennis are looking more destructive than our so called established Wallabies.

T

TOCC

Reddy! said:
Yeh some of the young players like McCalman, Houston, Dennis are looking more destructive than our so called established Wallabies.

definetly

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Reddy! said:

Agree. An injection of youth and energy from these blokes could push the Wallabies over the line in this year's TN and next year's RWC.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
he does play 8 at club rugby, however he plays for wests who are the worst team in the comp. At super level he looked a bit iffy with the ball skills required for number 8. He looks much better as a 6. Leroy has a silky pair of hands.

Rocky to 8.

Leroy's hands are silky for passing skills, but buttery as far as holding onto the pill. IMO his biggest problem is his ability to hold onto the pill in contact.

T

tranquility

that was me who you quoted there, and I agree wholeheartedly. Whenever he gets tired, or the game gets tough he drops the pressure seeds in contact and even prior to contact.

Status
Not open for further replies.