• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Other Qualifier - Sharks vs Clan - Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
"F##K!"

Indeed, I'd be saying the same thing if I was him.

Gah! I think when the Highlanders give any of our locks their contract they give them a complementary pair of bricks for hands.

Oh bullshit Walsh, that's exactly how the Sharks have won 2 or 3 turnovers.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Gah! I think when the Highlanders give any of our locks their contract they give them a complementary pair of bricks for hands.

Either that or Nadolo sent them his "concrete-boob hands" he had earlier this season ;)

And that's FT, congrats Sharks. Great effort from the Clan though.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
31-27, Sharks win the game. Their scrums absolutely destroyed the Highlanders but the clan played such a better style of rugby. If I was Steve Walsh I wouldn't be visiting Dunedin anytime soon.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
I hate rugby.

Shit, bugger fuk. Oh well, we put up a good fight. If rugby didn't involve scrums or lineouts we would be bloody awesome. Much improved season, played like a team throughout, not quite good enough.

Well done Sharks, too strong. Points points points from that scrum. Doubt they'll be able to back up in Christchurch though.

Crusaders to beat Sharks, Waratahs to beat Brumbies, Waraths to beat Crusaders. Wycliff Palu to keep telling us "then it got serious" so I needed Swisse. Lock.

badabing59

Cyril Towers (30)
Well done Sharks, well done Clan. You can be very proud of your season.

The Crusaders will be licking their lips next week-shark and tatties on the menu!

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
I hate rugby.

Shit, bugger fuk. Oh well, we put up a good fight. If rugby didn't involve scrums or lineouts we would be bloody awesome. Much improved season, played like a team throughout, not quite good enough.

Well done Sharks, too strong. Points points points from that scrum. Doubt they'll be able to back up in Christchurch though.

Crusaders to beat Sharks, Waratahs to beat Brumbies, Waraths to beat Crusaders. Wycliff Palu to keep telling us "then it got serious" so I needed Swisse. Lock.

Nah Brumbies beat Tahs, Crusaders beat Sharks and Crusaders beat Brumbies with Crotty lifting the shield in Christchurch :)

Benaud

Tom Lawton (22)
Highlanders put up a better fight than I was expecting there. Given that was probably the biggest forwards demolition of the entire season, the backs did a freakish job keeping them alive. Way better team to watch but just a few grades below up front. Hard to see the Sharks progressing any further. Saders will be meeting Australia's best in a fortnight.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Just watched the replay & fuck me imagine what could've been if a coupla the Clan forwards could catch a ball. Coupla random thoughts:

With the Clan scrum disintegrating pretty much every time, how close did Walsh come to dishing out a card? Must've been tempted a few times IMO.

Patrick Osbourne is a beast who needs to be in the AB setup pronto as cover for Savea. Looks like he can cover 13 as well.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Bad luck Highlanders. Despite just falling short, that was an extremely brave effort given the amount of pressure they absorbed.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
By geez another good game of rugby to watch. The Sharks were bloody incredible in the forwards, and backs were not too bloody bad at all, and the Clan just gave it everything they had, if they can pick up a decent size lock and perhaps a prop over off season will be a bloody good team again next year.
Anyway I have seen 2 good games over weekend, both well worthy of being called finals rugby, so look forward to more of the same next week!!

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
great match-up of styles, medicinally-enraged dawk empire brothers in front row vs hLNDRS backs in sparkling touch.

scintillating stuff from HLDRS, the shawks pack elated about pushing the scrum 2m meanwhile HLDRS run glorious 80 metre 64-pass tries in at the other end.
Osbourne, the offload to Burleigh, Fekitoa carving up, ASmith and Buckman with razor-sharp interchange down the sideline, AGAIN rooted by Sopoaga (he does seem to stuff up quite a lot) etc, but in the end the full stop came after BISMAWK and his "superhuman" doctor brother.

almost a victory for rugby iHomo.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Cracking game with some amazing tries from the Highlanders.

They almost got away with it and being a little more competitive at scrum time might have got them across the line.

Sharks did well though. Will be interesting to see how they back up in Christchurch next weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.