• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The reason JOC (James O'Connor) was absent from the RWC squad announcement...

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cs_cowboy

this is my first ever post here. been looking for an aussie rugby site, and found this through the silver fern.

I'm sorry but James O'Connor must be dropped altogether. Or banished to orange-boy. What a little muppet.
Tarnishing all the greater Aussie rugby fraternity is trying to build. there is no place to individualism like this.

Tow the team line kid.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Howdy stranger. First question: do you hate Deans or are you a Deans apologist? You have decide when you enter this site.

C

cs_cowboy

Howdy stranger. First question: do you hate Deans or are you a Deans apologist? You have decide when you enter this site.

Can I sit on Deans fence ?
Right now, you'd have to say the Wallabies show the most potential of anytime since maybe 2003. They truly look like the potential is there to be on top of the world for a long time.
But if they don't win this RWC, I'd cut him.
Hes sacrificed a lot at the Altar of Billy.

I think the ARU signed Deans to spite New Zealand after they lose again - good call. I sure as wouldn't have signed him without a win at RWC.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Right now, you'd have to say the Wallabies show the most potential of anytime since maybe 2003. They truly look like the potential is there to be on top of the world for a long time.

I think the ARU signed Deans to spite New Zealand after they lose again - good call. I sure as wouldn't have signed him without a win at RWC.

That sounds like a measured and intelligent response. You have no future here.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
We are ranked 2 in the world, and to be honest that's not too bad. If we make the final and put up a decent showing against the ABs I would be very satisfied. However, we then need to switch goals to trying to win each and every Tri-Quad Nations, and all the Bleds and then the Lions. No more fucking development!

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
I would imagine that QANTAS would not be happy; one of the most high profile players in the game not turning up for their, no doubt, costly promotion of their sponsorship of the team. A few months ago, JO'C was talking about his 'brand' and making an idiot of himself in the process, well QANTAS have spent millions promoting the Wallabies brand and will surely be very disappointed.

All this extra publicity over JOC (James O'Connor) is better than no publicity, as Andy Warhol would say...

T

Tireless Backrower

Is there anyone you like, Tireless Backrower? :lmao:

Thank you for asking...........Higginbotham (but i dont know why); Mitchell (but I dont think they should've picked him); Horwill (but they picked him too late); A A-Cooper (no buts about it); McCabe (but they should have found him 2 years ago so he was a known quantity); Fainga'a Bros (but I dont really think there up to test match); Genia (no buts about it); Beau Robinson - cos he's a goer and never quitter; Lachie Turner...thats not bad for starters

T

Tireless Backrower

When you speak of them showing the most potential I assume you mean this week.....The JOC (James O'Connor) fiasco would not have happened after the NZ drubbing....a little biut of cockiness?

T

Tireless Backrower

We are ranked 2 in the world, and to be honest that's not too bad. If we make the final and put up a decent showing against the ABs I would be very satisfied. However, we then need to switch goals to trying to win each and every Tri-Quad Nations, and all the Bleds and then the Lions. No more fucking development!

I think there is too much pessimism - most of it coming from me. We are good chance to get to the final and once you're there anything can happen as proved by 2003. And I guess strange and untimely decisions are the lifeblood of the Wallabies. Look at the original attempts to appoint Dwyer coach that got QLD noses so out of joint that they spitefully appointed Alan Jones, after he had done nothing but win a Kentwell Cup with Kings OBs and the Shute Shield with Manly. Greg Smith.....it goes on and on: we dont want to win it easily!!!!!
God I forgot Lansdowne Rd v Ireland in 1991 and the Campo deliberate knock on in the final and the Cody send off in the play off for 3rd and 4th in 87...and the rugby circus being organised in 95........

I withdraw all criticism we need more intrigue and bizarre behaviour - forget the idea of a smooth ride

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Thank you for asking...........Higginbotham (but i dont know why); Mitchell (but I dont think they should've picked him); Horwill (but they picked him too late); A A-Cooper (no buts about it); McCabe (but they should have found him 2 years ago so he was a known quantity); Fainga'a Bros (but I dont really think there up to test match); Genia (no buts about it); Beau Robinson - cos he's a goer and never quitter; Lachie Turner...thats not bad for starters

It's a good list.

More importantly, do you have a full-sized copy of your avatar?

It's my avatar 101 day.

T

Tireless Backrower

Sadly not even first division but second - Barraclough Cup and Blunt Cup winners - interesting year at the OBs - Jones was a real "either you're with me or akin me" personality

Thats the only way he ever played it - hence the early departure of Ella (IMHO - since he denies it (as I understand it)). certainly Gould went home from the 1987 RWC early because he couldn't stand Jones anymore: per the rise and rise of australian rugby

Status
Not open for further replies.