• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The reason JOC (James O'Connor) was absent from the RWC squad announcement...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
i like how they hid pat mccabe in the shadows for his close up. someone pulling the strings probably wanted to hide his dodgy mo!

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
i like how they hid pat mccabe in the shadows for his close up. someone pulling the strings probably wanted to hide his dodgy mo!

Someone had to step up for the worst mo award after KB (Kurtley Beale) wised up and got rid of his! Boys must have drawn straws, or he's getting in early for Movember.

bryce

Darby Loudon (17)
So the blokes he was on the turps with managed to show up? And he hasn't previously missed a training session or anything like that? This can only mean that the Bieber didn't want to turn up to a photo shoot looking like anything less than a member of a boy band. No doubt his rugby brand wouldn't have been helped by his official world cup portrait displaying a days' stubble, blood-shot eyes and a lack of beauty sleep.

But all jokes aside, maybe this is all a beat up and the bloke actually had a legitimate reason, so I'm not going to condemn until this is all confirmed.

T

Tireless Backrower

Twit. How hard is it to stand around for a few hours hungover.

Yeah but what if he was still pissed and someone asked him about the change in captaincy and he told them that it should have been done 6 weeks (+) ago? That would be a scandal!

T

Tireless Backrower

If he was out on the turps....

What a prat. As a highly paid professional sportsman should know and do better especially with a WC just around the corner and the whole country relying on his 'trusty' boot.
He should have been out practicising his bloody goal kicking! I bet Jonny Wilkinson wouldn't be out chasing skirt, flashing the cash and showing off... because he's a true professional.
Drop the prick. And adjust his KPI's. Needs to be taught a lesson.
Not a Turner fan but I bet he's been gutted to not make the squad and worked his arse off for a chance over the last 2 months... so I'd pick him for the Bledisloe or move AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) to the wing. If Beale and Cooper were out I'd drop them also.
Is it too much to ask these overpaid arrogant kids to abstain from alcohol and give 100% to their chosen profession 10 days out from a Bledisloe and few weeks from a WC.

These disciplinary issues should have been beaten out of them ages ago.
Unfortunately i have not personal experience to draw on but - WTF are these guys doing out anyway...thats how they came to find Brad Fittler comatose on the footpath outside Glebe Cop shop...etc. etc. Why couldn't they have a quiety over the road at the Randwick Rugby Club: god knows they need the turnover

A

Alex-A

I wish the press would quit antagonizing with these kind of situations, especially when knobody really knows if he actually did anything wrong!!

I think that players on form often need to possess an element of arrogance to iron out elements of doubt in their game. bringing him down a peg by banning him from matches & bad press only puts unnecessary pressure on a player that's has been playing well.... I couldn't care less if he got trashed, so long as he plays well.

T

Tireless Backrower

I wish the press would quit antagonizing with these kind of situations, especially when knobody really knows if he actually did anything wrong!!

I think that players on form often need to possess an element of arrogance to iron out elements of doubt in their game. bringing him down a peg by banning him from matches & bad press only puts unnecessary pressure on a player that's has been playing well.... I couldn't care less if he got trashed, so long as he plays well.

The problem is that getting trashed tends to have an impact on how you play - OK maybe not 10 days out from a test - but you have to wonder how trashed you need to be not to be able to get on the team bus. Of course there's always the chance that he spent the night at someone else's place: we're looking for a barely 16 year old Beiber fan...or a cougar

S

Skippy

Has he been kidnapped?
Is he laying low in a hedge somewhere on a stakeout waiting for the chance to grab a laptop?
Has Gits kidnapped him... and is Gits and JOC (James O'Connor) undergoing radical plastic surgery so that Gits can get on the plane to NZ?

Freddo Frog

Ward Prentice (10)
He was the guest of honour at the Scots rugby preso's last night.

From what I heard he showed up (non-pissed) and did all the right things and was happy to pose for photos with the boys. So he hasn't gone AWOL.

rugbyisfun

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I'm more worried that he might have gotten pissed on Vodka Cruisers and Bacardi Breezers.

Hahahahah yeh, i heard he was actually at the shoot but the ARU make up people couldn't get wipe the Orange Breezer smear from his lips for the photo-call

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Over reaction from many here, why the anger? Yes if he failed to show for a team function he needs to be disciplined, but calling him names etc is just silly.

O nthe other side of the coin out could be said he was trying to uphold the finest Wallaby traditions but failed at the last hurdle and didn't turn up at training/team event hungover. Any parrallels there.....

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Surely he could have done what all the other girls do when hungover and put on those bumblebee sunglasses?

Perhaps he should have asked Squeaky to bring some nandos over before getting out of bed, that Peri Peri sauce works magic on hangovers!

R

Rev Spooner

The anger probably stems from O'Connor's mightier than thou attitude this year. His performance on the field was excellent during the super rugby season but has been below his best since. The whole debacle that followed his exit from the Force lost him a lot of friends - for instance, "My rugby brand". Well, if he was out on the piss before a major team announcement and failed to make it he certainly hasn't done his "brand" any favours.

Status
Not open for further replies.