• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The ridiculous rumoured ban against a fan for calling Eddie Jones a traitor

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Important to remember most Australians don't actually think life is a Surry Hills People and Culture Department, as much as people here repeat their talking points and worldview

Let's take it back a step.

This is a story being driven by conservative media in Australia most notably through The Australian. The person was outed there and via talk-back radio in Sydney (an overwhelmingly conservative space).

Your "Surry Hills People and Culture Department" is presumably a dig at what you perceive as left leaning people or "wokeness" or something making a big issue out of something you consider unimportant yet all the elements driving this story are right wing conservatives who are banging the outrage drum.

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
The so-called heckler with the ginger beard is the living embodiment of those Yenda Beer ads from a while back.
“I said get a case of Yenda….. not go to Yenda!?!” Followed by gaggle of laughing elite school toffs trying to pretend they’re not.
On a different note, the grandstand urinator, anyone have any idea how dangerous his actions truly were? Did he have to step/jump a gap to get to the grandstand?

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
On a different note, the grandstand urinator, anyone have any idea how dangerous his actions truly were? Did he have to step/jump a gap to get to the grandstand?
I heard he got up there using an access path for contractors/workers, so assuming it was stairs/ramps/handrails/etc. - no info more solid than that though, and they probably don't want people to know in case of future attempts.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I heard he got up there using an access path for contractors/workers, so assuming it was stairs/ramps/handrails/etc. - no info more solid than that though, and they probably don't want people to know in case of future attempts.

I think there’s a video where he jumped from the screen to the roof, looked pretty dangerous. Unsure whether there were people below him or not but certainly risk of injury/possible risk to life.

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
I think there’s a video where he jumped from the screen to the roof, looked pretty dangerous. Unsure whether there were people below him or not but certainly risk of injury/possible risk to life.
Wow

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
And sounds like risk to bladder too…

On the Eddie and Wallabies fan incident, was it Eddie or the security guard that clearly recognised the guy because it’s audible in the footage I saw that there’s a recognition and a tone of you’ve done something before.

Filming and posting it is stupidity, but that’s a common thing these days with the ease of being able to do it. But still stupidity.