• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Wallabies Thread

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Big Lopeti will be in there somewhere for sure. Beale and Genia will miss Fiji test but should play the other 2. Either Naivalu or Speight will start on one wing with DHP on the other, folau @ 15. Can't see Cheika changing that. With Hunt probably on the bench if DHP is back in time to play.

And against Fiji it won't matter much, in the tri-nations ................

I would have Hunt in the team when it counts, he is good enough to push Folau to the wing

upthereds#!

Peter Johnson (47)
And against Fiji it won't matter much, in the tri-nations ......

I would have Hunt in the team when it counts, he is good enough to push Folau to the wing

I'm just worried about a lack of pace with folau and dhp on wings. Or do you think that in every other regard it's better, therefore worth not having the out and out one on one ability of speight/naivalu?

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I'm just worried about a lack of pace with folau and dhp on wings. Or do you think that in every other regard it's better, therefore worth not having the out and out one on one ability of speight/naivalu?

I like wings who have the skills of a 15, safe under the high ball and knows where the try line is.

That kind of back three takes the kick out of a lot of the plans of attacking sides.

Pace? we don't score many runaway tries, neither does Speight, Naivalu would be more likely. I wouldn't be concerned with either of them being in the side

joeyjohnz

Sydney Middleton (9)
I don't mind the lack of extreme pace. DHP & Folau have the uncanny ability to always beat the first tackle. Couple that with Folau's offload and DHP's boot, their all round games will save / result in a lot more points than the out and out speed of Speight/Naivalu

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
We're definitely seeing a trend of the better wingers in the world also being accomplished fullbacks. Adam Ashley-Cooper, Ben Smith, Dane Haylett-Petty, Santiago Cordero, Willie le Roux, Lucas González Amorosino, Elliot Daly, Nehe Milner-Skudder, Jack Nowell, and Ruan Combrinck. But there are still plenty of amazing straight-up wingers out there, and it does come down to playstyle.

dillyboy

Nev Cottrell (35)
So do we have any idea when we can expect a Wallabies squad announcement?

We have 4 more Saturdays of Super Rugby then a test in 5 Saturdays time - is a week enough time to assemble a Wallabies squad?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
So do we have any idea when we can expect a Wallabies squad announcement?

We have 4 more Saturdays of Super Rugby then a test in 5 Saturdays time - is a week enough time to assemble a Wallabies squad?

no real alternative is there?

dillyboy

Nev Cottrell (35)
I know - kinda damned if you do & assemble a squad early & start running mid week/Sunday sessions or damned if you don't & wait until the last minute to see who plays themselves into/out of a jersey (or who's last man standing in some cases)...

Either way, one thing for certain is we can be sure there'll be too many 'tahs in the squad ;)

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
I like to see one winger/fullback and the other a straight out speed merchant who knows how to find the chalk.
DHP and Naivalu for mine.
So hard to squeeze Hunt in there, especially to start. I expect to see him on the bench.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
George Smith wasn't up to the challenge the last time he re-joined the Wallabies. I doubt he'd put himself through that again. Age catches up with us all.
To be fair his game back for the wallabies was off the back of injury and got head knock pretty early.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Scotland Squad

C_TjfJGXgAE6-mg.jpg

Nel is touring, you guys are fucked ;)