• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Wallabies Thread

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I wonder if Leali'ifano is a chance of being added to the squad. I'd guess that Cooper being omitted increases that chance.

You'd imagine that Beale is the backup 10 right now from this squad named.

Is Lukhan Tui still injured?

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
cannot comprehend leaving either Quade or Higginbotham out. in a time of players of poor skills, arguably two of the most skilful players are not considered. WTF has Magnay done to be selected.
Higgers had neck injury that caused him to miss last 2 Reds matches so possibly needs more time to recover before getting a call up.

Similar story for Lukhan Tui but with knee.

Not sure on Quade, maybe the rumours he was playing injured all season were true and now just having few weeks rest to freshen up. Either that, or Bris City NRC will be looking good this season.

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
Great reward for the Western Force players
Although Ruru very unlucky and probably Lance as well.

We are really lacking quality at 6 and 8. Mafi from the Rebels would have been perfect if eligible.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
No Gordon or Ruru..........

I assume Powell will be added, and the question is will we go with 3 scrumhalves in the final squad?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
No Gibson or Ruru....

I assume Powell will be added, and the question is will we go with 3 scrumhalves in the final squad?

Gordon. Adding Daryl Gibson to the coaching squad would have been peak trolling by Cheika. :D

You can bet Powell will join the squad and there'll be three halfbacks kept in the squad.

I would be surprised if the squad gets reduced below about 35 which is ample room for 3 halfbacks and hookers.

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
I think it shows what a bad way Aussie rugby is in when these guys consistently get picked:
- Douglas
- Simmons
- Phipps

They have done nothing to deserve selection. Whether it is bad selecting or whether it emphasizes the fact that nobody better has come along, either way they should have been overtaken by now.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Announcement is an hour old and there is about 10 posts. The lack of outrage seems indicative of the lack of fucks given.

So, can get the All Blacks at 1.15 to win the Rugby Championship. Bloody hell the bookies are feeling generous. Put the house on it.

Unable to find anyone offering odds on Australia to finish last.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
So one flyhalf. and an underperforming one at that. astute selection

I would have Cooper there but his non-selection is a bit meh. Just not worth arguing. But surely you'd add Lance rather than peel down to one 1`0 in the squad.

Beale at 10? Seems bizarre to me.

Both Korczyk and Magnay are unusual selections. Great players and good potential but not WBs in 2017.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
If you are going to have a train on squad to introduce youngs guys to the environment which I agree is great, that explains Tupou and Perese, but I start to struggle with Magnay considering he is leaving - if he wasn't leaving then fair enough, or why not use this chance to invite Mason to camp again - or a different scrumhalf..say Ruru?

Also I am still waiting for the season where Dempsey and Korzyk outplay Higginbotham. Sure higs may not be a 23 man member for the WC...but neither will Dempsey or Korzcyk and Higs is better than them both. HOWEVER if you did want to pick a developing no.6, then pick one who is IN FORM and get a new Fardy in there with ROSS HAYLETTPETTY. Poor guy has had a blinder of a season at 6, packs at 8 and can cover lock...yet Dempsey and Korzcyk keep getting the nod. We don't need my tyro utilities, we already have Hooper and Mcmahon, we need another large bodgy because Timani can't do it alone and Hanigan needs to keep eating and lifiting his way to the WC. And if it is a train on squad, do what cheika did for Thor (took him on camp before he was eligible) and invite Naisarani - another WF backrower who is outplaying Dempsey and Korzcyk.

T

TOCC

I would have Cooper there but his non-selection is a bit meh. Just not worth arguing. But surely you'd add Lance rather than peel down to one 1`0 in the squad.

Beale at 10? Seems bizarre to me.

Both Korczyk and Magnay are unusual selections. Great players and good potential but not WBs in 2017.

I agree... if not Cooper, then surely Lance...
Wallabies can't rely on Kurtley or Lealifano, neither of whom have had any/significant match time at flyhalf this year