• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Wallabies Thread

T

TOCC

Samo could play in either team, a classic Wallaby and current premier grade/NRC player

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
So what the hell do we do at 8 when McMahon leaves? It's brilliant how he's waited until he's just about to leave to make a starting position his own.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Dempsey could shift, Pocock will be back, Timani is still there. Higs is always available and a handy ring in, Mccalman will be back. RHP will be around and Naisarani will eventually be eligible

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Pocock will provide a different role to McMahon, so we'll have less need for a high workrate/low impact player such as Hanigan or Dempsey and more of a wrecking ball like Naisarani..........

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Pocock will provide a different role to McMahon, so we'll have less need for a high workrate/low impact player such as Hanigan or Dempsey and more of a wrecking ball like Naisarani....

They will need to be an effective third choice lineout option, I don't know if Naisarani can be that.

But yeah mobile, high workrate, lineout option & and an effective ball carrier

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
They will need to be an effective third choice lineout option, I don't know if Naisarani can be that.

But yeah mobile, high workrate, lineout option & and an effective ball carrier

Naisarani has been used regularly in the lineout by the Force and Spirit..........

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Ledesma only has one more match with the Wallabies. Leaving to coach the Jaguares.

Big loss for the Wallabies but the chance to get a good replacement. Laurie Fisher would be an outstanding option.

Hopefully the ARU don't make a rushed decision and pick Stiles on the basis that he needs a job.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Ledesma only has one more match with the Wallabies. Leaving to coach the Jaguares.

Big loss for the Wallabies but the chance to get a good replacement. Laurie Fisher would be an outstanding option.

Hopefully the ARU don't make a rushed decision and pick Stiles on the basis that he needs a job.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I think you just jinxed it............

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Fisher is a great general forwards coach, so that might be in conflict with Cheika's role?

But Dan Palmer is actually the scrum coach at the Brumbies.

T

TOCC

Stiles is actually a very good set piece coach.

I thought Ledesma had signed on for longer..

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
k

As great as Fisher is, he's just signed with the Brumbies, and tbh, I wouldn't mind him staying there. Which makes me think, what's more important: having our best coaches at the national level or at the Super Rugby level? Are we better off with our Wallabies spending the very end of their rugby season with Fisher, or are we better off with Fisher developing a whole squad of forwards throughout the majority of the season season?

For instance, imagine if Coleman signed with the Brumbies. That'd mean that Coleman, Arnold, Naisarani, Pocock, Sio and Ala'alatoa would spend all of the Super season under the Gandalf the Grey, and we'd be in a much better position for the June internationals than we were this year. Perhaps, then at the national level you would need a strong man-manager and motivator as a HC, a skills coach, a defence coach, and a forwards coach that's good enough to keep the fundamentals that the players have honed throughout the Super season ticking over in international season (ideally with more coordination amongst Super Coaches / the International set up).

Instead, this season, we had a whole bunch of drongos coaching our Super sides and Cheika and Byrne had a fucking fit when they saw the state of the squad for the June internationals. Had to have a very heavy skills / fitness focus, which took emphasis away from other parts of the campaign.

Are there any other candidates? Perhaps internationally?

Edit: FFS QUOTE FORMATTING. One sec.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)

He had signed on until 2019 but seems he's keen to return to his family and has ambitions on the Argentina gig long-term.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
It's when those decisions turn out to be good decisions that people begin to trust his decisions.
Clearly because of the supporter sentiment and the win/loss results they haven't been that good.

What a load of bollocks - Wallabies have come 2nd in the Rugby Championship behind worlds best side, the AB's, and after a completely dismal Super Rugby campaign by oz sides, nobody, and I mean nobody, would have predicted that. Wallabies done us proud overall on their performance in RC, and while many were calling for Cheika's head prior to this, Interesting not much noise on that at this point, and many were calling for grey to be removed as defence coach early on, including myself, but recent performances shown others I was wrong which is a good thing. Much to like here........

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)

Stiles is a good scrum coach but as a lineout and forward coach not so sure.. I don't want him around the team anyway he loses way too much in any team his been a part of..

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk