• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

The Wallabies Thread

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Wow, he looked happy sitting with the Waratah's bench on the weekend. Who would have thought In the space of a month we could lose the biggest name in cricket and the biggest name in rugby.

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Calm the farm, some bloke called Dave is not reliable info.

Was only the other month that some muppet had it on good authority that SBW had definitely decided to return to NRL

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)
If true clone must be involved here somewhere, massive f ups are his calling card.
Castle wouldn't make a move without first consulting her employer.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Calm the farm, some bloke called Dave is not reliable info.

Was only the other month that some muppet had it on good authority that SBW had definitely decided to return to NRL

Dave has 'credible sources' though. Reading through the replies on twitter he didn't realise that the reason Folau was sitting in the stands was because he was injured and thought it might be because he had fallen out with Waratahs, definitely throws some shade over the extent of Dave's knowledge.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Dave has very good contacts in rugby. I don't know if this is true or not but Dave wouldn't put it out there if he hadn't heard it from someone in the know.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)
Please continue linking every single topic back to the Western Force and your dislike of Cameron Clyne. It makes fascinating reading.

I'm glad you approve, please continue supporting RA at every turn as they lurch from one disaster to the next, I find that fascinating as well.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Unpopular opinion time, but some of the most maligned Wallabies like Hanigan, Simmons and Robertson are coming into some pretty good form.

Sio and Slipper are head and shoulders the best two LHP choices but it's incredibly unclear who the third would be.

The THP are obvious and are Kepu, Tupou and Ala'alatoa.

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
You wouldn't have more than 5 props in a squad right? so that rules out Robertson.

Simmons doesn't even make my top 5. He'll get picked though.

Hanigan will be in and around due to a lack of options. I think we'll see Hooper, Pocock and Hanigan at some point i think it will not go well.

dru

David Wilson (68)
Unpopular opinion time, but some of the most maligned Wallabies like Hanigan, Simmons and Robertson are coming into some pretty good form.

Sio and Slipper are head and shoulders the best two LHP choices but it's incredibly unclear who the third would be.

The THP are obvious and are Kepu, Tupou and Ala'alatoa.

With you on everything there bar Robertson.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Derpus is right that there will probably be five props and Robertson won't be there.

The question of who would be the next choice LHP after Sio and Slipper is hard to answer though.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
If there are 5 props there's no doubt you'd go with Sio, Slipper, Kepu, AAA and Tupou..........

But I wouldn't b surprise if a 6th prop is added, particularly with Slipper's injury history.

Froggy

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I like AAA as a footballer in general play, but I don't know if his scrummaging is at test level. Last year when he came on to replace Kepu was when the Wobs scrum went to pieces, and a fortnight ago he did no better than hold his own against the much maligned Tom Robertson. I think if Tupou can make the step up to test level, he could well find himself moving in front of AAA as Kepu's back-up.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
I like AAA as a footballer in general play, but I don't know if his scrummaging is at test level. Last year when he came on to replace Kepu was when the Wobs scrum went to pieces, and a fortnight ago he did no better than hold his own against the much maligned Tom Robertson. I think if Tupou can make the step up to test level, he could well find himself moving in front of AAA as Kepu's back-up.
AAA has been pretty good since the Tahs though, the Brumbies scrum held up well against the Reds and was better than the Highlanders. Sekope is looking a bit fragile at the moment so we probably need to look toward giving both Tupou and AAA experience.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Froggy, I said nothing about the order of merit for THP, though I thoroughly endorse UTG's view on Allan A above. At the least, one way or another, he is in the best three THPs going around atm. I was simply saying that he has played LHP previously, is in good form, and could be an option to cover the LHP side if he is one of the five props selected. Clearly, the fifth prop would need to be able to play both sides.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Kepu battles through and is our best scrummaging THP by quite a way.

He will be the first forward selected, AAA will be the second. Tupou will be the 5th prop.

You then pick a squad around those three. The LHPs (Sio & Slipper (or Robertson if Slipper is shot) and hookers (Nau & Uelese)