• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Wallabies Thread

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
What happens with Folau now that Gibson is playing him at 13.

To me, he is the best 15 we have and by a long way.

Is he seriously being looked at as a 13 ? I'd still pick TK. Is Izzy having an each way bet ?

Does the national coach have any say in Super team selection?

Does Folau have any say in where he is selected to play?

Anthony Smith

Peter Burge (5)
Would love to see a backline similar to this for the England games if not the spring tour

9 Stirzaker
10 Foley
11 Horne or Tomane/Speight depending fitness
12 To'omua
13 Kuridraini
14 Haylett-Petty
15 Folau

21 Phipps
22 Lealilifano
23 Beale

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Article today makes it very clear that Cheika still intends on picking Hooper at 7.

Anyone expecting the coach to drop his vice captain after a couple of slightly under par Super Rugby games is on another planet.

When his combination with Pocock and Fardy worked so well why would you expect that to change.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I reckon we could see a backline looking something like this now:

Phipps
Foley
DHP
Beale
Kuridrani
Horne
Folau

Stirzacker
Lealiifano
Kerevi/Hunt

On current form I think Beale will get picked at 12 ahead of To'omua and To'omua could easily miss the 23.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Would love to see a backline similar to this for the England games if not the spring tour

9 Stirzaker
10 Foley
11 Horne or Tomane/Speight depending fitness
12 To'omua
13 Kuridraini
14 Haylett-Petty
15 Folau

21 Phipps
22 Lealilifano
23 Beale

Stirzaker is going OK, but I can't see him displacing Phipps, who has started to pick up his game a lot after a scratchy start to the season. Whispers have been around that Genia might be in the mix too. Beale might be a chance on the wing too, roving around as a playmaker, especially with a combo of Foley and To'omua at 10/12. DHP certainly deserves to be well in that discussion though, I agree. Tomane has been injured at just the wrong time for him and Oz! :oops: Opportunity there for a few wingers to stake a claim, given Speight probably not in the equation due to Sevens too. It will be interesting.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Phipps
Foley
DHP
Beale
Kuridrani
Horne
Folau

Stirzacker
Lealiifano
Kerevi/Hunt

On current form I think Beale will get picked at 12 ahead of To'omua and To'omua could easily miss the 23.

To'omua is not playing well at all...... I'd definitely have Lilo over him.......

It's looking more and more likely that Horne will have to start on one wing meaning Cheika could go for the old Tahs switcheroo in defence if Beale plays at 12.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)

Phipps
Foley
DHP
Beale
Kuridrani
Horne
Folau

Stirzacker
Lealiifano
Kerevi/Hunt

Not bad, but I'd swap DHP to open side wing and Horne to blind side. And while To'omua has had a couple of poor games, I reckon if he regains form he or Lealiifano will start at 12 and Beale will keep his role as super finisher. Can't see any prospect just yet of either Kerevi or Hunt being on the bench.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
According Marto: "The ARU’s reported pursuit of Marika Koroibete" Is that true?

uploadfromtaptalk1461764609442.jpg

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Stirzaker is going OK, but I can't see him displacing Phipps, who has started to pick up his game a lot after a scratchy start to the season. Whispers have been around that Genia might be in the mix too. Beale might be a chance on the wing too, roving around as a playmaker, especially with a combo of Foley and To'omua at 10/12. DHP certainly deserves to be well in that discussion though, I agree. Tomane has been injured at just the wrong time for him and Oz! :oops: Opportunity there for a few wingers to stake a claim, given Speight probably not in the equation due to Sevens too. It will be interesting.

Stirzaker appears too slow at the moment, he misses getting to a lot of rucks

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
With ARU no longer having a stake in the Rebels, why would or should they be putting up any money to help them sign Korobiete? Long-term 7's project, perhaps?

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
With ARU no longer having a stake in the Rebels, why would or should they be putting up any money to help them sign Korobiete? Long-term 7's project, perhaps?
They probably don't need to throw much at him, most NRL wingers aren't on mega bucks, that goes to their spine. And if he wants to stay in Melbourne he only has the Rebels or Storm to choose from

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk