• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Wallabies Thread

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Before Rona's debarkale last weekend, I thought he would have been the obvious choice

Previously his defence has been good and what he lacks in "punch" he has been really good at holding lines giving his wingers space

But Hodge would do a job there as well

I don't think Rona offers much and will really struggle defensively. Hodge has all the right attributes to make a very good 13 and always takes good options. I would like to see him given some time to make the position his own.

Izzy at 13 could put the ABs off a bit? Not bad since they feel they have our measure.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Reckon if Folau plays 13, DHP is the obvious choice at fullback with Hodge slotting into the vacant wing slot.
Yes DHP would definitely be the fullback but I’d rather keep Hodge on the bench and have Banks at 14. Hodge is very solid but it’d be nice to have the pace of Banks out there.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Fox Sports ran an article stating Cheika was considering Folau at 13. Perhaps more just floating an idea to keep the Kiwis guessing but it would allow Banks Hodge to be brought into the starting side.

Agree with the rest. I still think it will be a backline of Genia-Foley-DHP-Beale-Rona-Koroibete-Folau, but it could well be Genia-Foley-Hodge-Beale-Folau-Koroibete-DHP.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
I’m not sure Philip will make the Wallaby squad but I’m looking forward to seeing him trying to rip people’s heads off playing for the Super team in the trial.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I'd say Coleman and Rodda the starting locks, Samu-Pocock-Timu the starting backrow, Philip and Hanigan on the bench.

Philip won't be there. I heard he wasn't invited to the camp.

Tui Hooper Pocock will surely be our first choice starting backrow.

Samu on the bench.

Here's my first choice 23:

Sio
TPN
Kepu
Coleman
Rodda
Tui
Hooper
Pocock
Genia
Foley
Koroibete
Beale
Hodge
DHP
Folau

Latu, Robertson, Tupou, Simmons, Samu, Phipps, To'omua, Rona

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I wonder what strips the 2 teams will be wearing? I hope the 'probables' are in pale blue :D

Full circle - back to the Wallabies in pale blue. Heritage being respected! ;)
But seriously, let's get funky and try some new colours for this - make it a spectacle. Maybe pick 40-odd kids from the crowd to get the jerseys after the game too.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Did they invite Enever but not Sweet Chilly Philly?. Hockings I get - it's a taste for him whoopee...but Phillyphilston is playing well and deserves to be in the wider training squad and selected in teh 'Super rugby allstars'