• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Wallabies Thread

GTPIH

Ted Thorn (20)
DT is reporting she can play in Australia, with Sydney the most likely as both Qld teams already have Australian rep players in her position and the Giants in Sydney have just lost their goal shooter through retirement. Who knows the Giants may want to try their luck with a different Folau.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Given AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) will be 35 when World Cup rolls around you would have to think making the World Cup squad would be a stretch.

But if still in good nick could be a outside chance for bench spot for his utility value but hard to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
not a bad bench utility given the Tahs current dwindling options with no decent replacements in sight as yet. only for the right price though. serious pay cut

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
He probably be playing Outside Centre this weekend if hed stayed in oz

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
He was cut loose by Bordeaux two years ago. If he can be even competent against the ABs he should have been tearing the top 14 a new one when he was two years younger. Pass. No. Never. Absolutely not.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Given AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) will be 35 when World Cup rolls around you would have to think making the World Cup squad would be a stretch.

But if still in good nick could be a outside chance for bench spot for his utility value but hard to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to have him back in Oz and not a bad option for the Tahs. He has a big heart and who knows how he might perform?
Could be a smokey at 13 for the Wallabies. Unlikely but possible.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I just don't know at his age, with his diminished skills, who he's going to push out of the current Wallabies squad?

Good on him if he wants to try, but he's able to turn back the clock a few years I don't think his selection would be an improvement.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I just don't know at his age, with his diminished skills, who he's going to push out of the current Wallabies squad?

Good on him if he wants to try, but he's able to turn back the clock a few years I don't think his selection would be an improvement.
Still be good to see him back playing back in Oz rugby - after that see how it goes - if he proves us wrong that deserves a spot in world cup squad then good on him as no problem if his form warrants his selection.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)

He's probably still a better defender than any of our other outside backs.

But yeee well past it.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Still be good to see him back playing back in Oz rugby - after that see how it goes - if he proves us wrong that deserves a spot in world cup squad then good on him as no problem if his form warrants his selection.

He would probably be a good addition to a Super Rugby squad, or the Force.........

But he's lacking in speed and the line bending ability that our current options possess.

He might be a better defender in the 13 channel than Hodge or Kerevi, but those are some Tom Carter levels of credentials.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
He would probably be a good addition to a Super Rugby squad, or the Force...

But he's lacking in speed and the line bending ability that our current options possess.

He might be a better defender in the 13 channel than Hodge or Kerevi, but those are some Tom Carter levels of credentials.
If Tom Carter could turn around the turnstile that is our defence at the moment i'd take it.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
No more Waratah losers in the wallabies please.

We are in this mess because of Cheika affection for picking marginal talent In the sky blue.