• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Wallabies Thread

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
A few thoughts on a Monday morning. That peanut in the crowd has had a greater impact on me than the game itself:

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/the-man-in-the-crowd-have-we-all-gone-too-far/

Funny how you are all about respectful debate but don't hesitate to call the bloke a peanut. You are a hypocrite. And Fatprop too Post #8872. Both of you. You cannot take the moral high ground while you use abuse yourselves.

My first post on this matter was that the bloke should indeed have been ejected as I subscribe to the Respect Rugby Protocols

http://www.nswwaratahs.com.au/Portals/35/NSWRugby/documents/2015/Manual (v5).pdf

but I also hold integrity very dear in that if you are to comment on a situation look at the facts as presented and verifiable. Look at the footage and the sound that is freely available, do not do try to manipulate them to the political correct ends.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Nah end of the day - Tui had a pretty big family issue - step father passing away only few days ago- HUGE.

Seriously would anyone want to suspend him for that given head space and indeed the fact fan was a) drunk and b) abusive and c) his reaction was more reacting that did not go beyond something that would stand up in court.

Sure if Tui had of taken a swing at the guy maybe would be worth more consideration. But most leave Tui out of any criticism in the media on this and for obvious reasons as general media chosen not to go down and for good reason. Given what happened with his step father passing away most workplaces would not expect someone to be in for work and/or in any case not in a mental state to handle a stressful and confrontational situation like this.

You would be brave to confront Tui's behaviour in the circumstances as the issue and/or that he did something wrong and want to play that out in the public eye. The guy had a pretty big bereavement issue going on and it was not him who first approached the fan. Lets be respectful and acknowledge that and understand how Tui must be in a pretty emotional state with what has gone on for him personally.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
You can join us too RN39. Memberships will be on sale soon enough :D
Lol with the team you guys have for 2019 I probably would if not for the small fact I live in Sydney. But would be motivated to attend a game more if down in Melbourne for work next year for sure.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
And you absolutely win the battle in court of public opinion whilst ARU loses a very expensive civil case to a drunken fan.
Man he didn't do anything approaching a crime, and i'm struggling to think of what civil grounds a suit might be brought against him?

The reason he can skate through without blame is because he's blameless.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Man he didn't do anything approaching a crime, and i'm struggling to think of what civil grounds a suit might be brought against him?

The reason he can skate through without blame is because he's blameless.

I’m not a lawyer mate. I don’t know if it warrants the time wasting of a judge but I’m sure there’s other lawyers in the GAGR community who could speak on the matter.

The main point is all parties involved want to put it behind them. Lucky it did not escalate into something more ugly

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
James O’Connor wants to come back, what are everyone’s thoughts on that? Apparently he has grown up but that being said that’s not the first time we have been told that. I would be happy to have him back the more quality players and the more competition for spots we have at Super Rugby and Wallabies level is only going to make us better

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
Given where we are and the pool we have to pick from at the moment, I'd take JOC (James O'Connor) in a heartbeat.

B

Bobby Sands

If his Instagram is to be believed, this is the first time he has ever truly trained hard in his life. Don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing to be honest.

lou75

Ron Walden (29)
Cheika's body language reads: "holy hell that was a train wreck" and he covers his mouth to stop the words from pouring out

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
In what positon over whom?

He couldn’t crack the squad in his last return....

Was that the squad hand picked by the guy who is 41.7% since the WC? Its possible he isn't perfect.

On the bench as outside back cover, for a start. He's a better footballer than Maddocks, at least at the moment.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Was that the squad hand picked by the guy who is 41.7% since the WC? Its possible he isn't perfect.

On the bench as outside back cover, for a start. He's a better footballer than Maddocks, at least at the moment.
The last time O'Connor graced these shores he gifted us with possibly the worst clearing kick in rugby history. Amusing yes, improvement no.

The bloke should have been a Wallaby legend and he blew it big time, and followed that up by tanking his European career.

No thanks.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member

When was the last time you saw JOC (James O'Connor) play rugby, Lorenzo?

If he's the 2011 version of JOC (James O'Connor), then it's a no-brainer. If it's the 2015 version, I'd be way less keen.