• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Wallabies Uncapped 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Bring back Australia A (or a proper strength Australian Barbarians, Australian Swagmen or Australia Whatevers).

4 games against the Pacific Nations Cup teams. Shouldn't cost too much.
Another layer of depth (along with the NRC) for players AND coaches.
4 x 23 x $10,000 + travel, coaching and expenses would be well over $1million with no revenue.

(Anyone know if the CBA representative payments, the $10k above, include Australia A?

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I reckon Lopeti Timani's spot will be 8, maybe 6, but I'd be very surprised if he ever played a Test at 4 or 5. Of course, I've been wrong a lot.

He has too many brain farts at 6/8, at lock his job description is within his skill set.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
He has too many brain farts at 6/8, at lock his job description is within his skill set.
He had. He looks to have really upped his game so far this year, so I am not going to condemn him with past seasons. I think he has the goods to be a very good 6 or 8 - the thing now is for him to step up a notch.

Reactions: TSR
T

TOCC

In non world cup year I think there's room for a post NRC match, almost selected as an NRC all stars side. Generally it would have to be during the international windows, if you look at when NZ Maori play it seems to be mostly during the end of year tour window. This year it'll depend on the NRC timing, if there's clear air between the super season and the nrc that's when you'd put it.

Possibly a one off match, but there's no room for a tournament, super rugby + NRC is already a pretty long season and doesn't leave much time for a off-season and decent pre-season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
He had. He looks to have really upped his game so far this year, so I am not going to condemn him with past seasons. I think he has the goods to be a very good 6 or 8 - the thing now is for him to step up a notch.

I think he has upped his game because they have limited his role and therefore his decision making

His defense has always been strong, as has been his close in running, but when had to make decisions at the back of a scrum or work wider out he had issues.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
I think he has upped his game because they have limited his role and therefore his decision making

His defense has always been strong, as has been his close in running, but when had to make decisions at the back of a scrum or work wider out he had issues.

I agree with this. While he was pretty good in the NRC, he's now played the two best games of his career back to back. The Rebels aren't expecting him to do a whole lot, just proper hard bastard work in tight. I think he can still lift his workrate a notch in defence but his physical impact is immense. I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone completely stop TPN dead like that, even more ridiculous when you think he had Kepu in behind him.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Cost is another factor why Aus A games are not played; the IRB used to fund the Aus A games against the Pacific nations and the NZ Maori but the Pacific Nations Cup has replaced that.

After doing the team of the week and reading some comments here goes, has to be able to play for the Wallabies and never received a cap.

1) Toby Smith
etc etc

Kev - this could be worth a blog a couple of weeks before the first Wallabies squad is announced.

Status
Not open for further replies.