• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Thoughts on Folau to rugby

Status
Not open for further replies.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Option 4: IF was already contracted to a NRL club before he signed with the Tahs.
It was well documented that all NRL clubs had spent their salary cap before IF became available.Why wouldn't they sign him then, on the quite, so he could find a job in 2013?

T

TOCC

Option 4: IF was already contracted to a NRL club before he signed with the Tahs.
It was well documented that all NRL clubs had spent their salary cap before IF became available.Why wouldn't they sign him then, on the quite, so he could find a job in 2013?

Possibly, but the clubs were still negotiating with the ARLC at the time over the value of the salary cap, hence why Parra were unable to offer him a reasonable long term offer. That and the fact nothing remains a secret in the NRL.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Parra were unable to offer him anything for 2013.
They have executed contracts seasons in advance before.
young Hoppa being one where there were not one but two seasons between agreement and commencement.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
The ARU is broke. If he stays in rugby it will probably be the result of cut-backs in other areas or 3rd party payments.

Losing players like Folau is the price you pay for 10 years of mismanagement.

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
The ARU is broke. If he stays in rugby it will probably be the result of cut-backs in other areas or 3rd party payments.

Losing players like Folau is the price you pay for 10 years of mismanagement.

Fair few folk were accusing the ARU of mismanagement when Folau was nabbed by the ARU with a 400k top up, yet they all seem to be fans now. Not that I have seen many take time to give the ARU credit for it. I'd find it even more ironic if it turned out the initiative to grab Folau was kicked off by Deans.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
The ARU is broke.

They may well be, but I'm always about sceptical when a new CEO starts and makes comments such as that. JON did it when he returned.

When the games starts doing well they look like they've pulled off a miracle bringing the game from the brink.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
NRL contracts have to be registered with the NRL, as I understand it.
A side deal to sign a registerable contract Later could cause problems.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
SBW was playing reasonably well at Toulon but he started playing rugby really well when he moved to the Crusaders. Most would agree that Izzy is doing well at the Tahs.

Daryl Gibson coached both of them. I wonder if he is the common link that helped these converts find their rugby feet?

Perhaps we should call him the 'convert coach.'

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
They may well be, but I'm always about sceptical when a new CEO starts and makes comments such as that. JON did it when he returned.

When the games starts doing well they look like they've pulled off a miracle bringing the game from the brink.
Yep,absolutely correct.
Straight out of the playbook for any incoming CEO,,,"the joint is fucked"...only one way to go from there.
However in this case I believe you are not giving JON his due credit.
He obviously realised how much he was going to plunder on his way out the door.
If we all knew that then, there would have been universal agreement that the game was in a dire financial position.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
One positive I've been able to take away is that Izzy seems to be super pumped whenever he scores a try. The more tries he scores, the happier he is, the more likely we retain him.

Rob42

John Solomon (38)

Bessa

Ted Fahey (11)
My son was down at the Tah's Coaching Clinic last night at Carlingford with a few of the Tah's and may I just add that the kids absoulte love Izzy. Biggest roar was for him when they introduced him and the line to get a signiture was long.....

My tip is he will head back to league next year, and we will have KB (Kurtley Beale) at fullback.
Hopefully the squad will remain pretty much the same. Can't really complain about that......

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Reactions: BDA

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
I saw Michael Cheika on Fox Sports News today saying he hoped to get something signed in the next 2 weeks. Izzys management will probably want to hold off until the end of the Lions series so Cheks could be optimistic on his timeframe

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
nah, force the issue, he needs to make a decision before the lions.

So, you believe that it would be a good idea to put him on the spot, force him to decide, and if that results in him going back to the mungoes, you would be happy?

Weird.

A good negotiator never "forces the issue". A good negotiator never discloses his real deadline or his top price. Never.

Status
Not open for further replies.