• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Thoughts on Folau to rugby

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

No of course not - but maybe the ARU needs to pay extra dollars from THEIR coffers for the very good RUGBY players who are in demand for their prowess on the rugby park.

If a bloke gets third party deals worth squillions because of being a good athlete, good looking or whatever good on him.

ARU coffers are dry, players are paid based on their value the team and sponsors will add to this based on their marketing value.

I think we get your point, that players should be paid directly relative to their onfield performance.. And I think in most cases this is true, the ARU doesn't pay players who don't contribute to the Wallabies.

It is however the nature of professional sport that teams need a combination of both winning performances and marketable players to generate sponsorship and corporate revenue.. The ARU would be remiss to purely focus on on-field performances and ignore marketing opportunities as they directly influence one another...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Know he's a 'brand ambassador' for Asics and Samsung, as well as ANZ Stadium and the Rugby World Cup. Am sure that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Status
Not open for further replies.