• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Thread Icons

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
the remaining 4, pro d2 to follow, and maybe italian super 10, but let me know if you want me to stop, or if you have specific ones you want.

Attachments

• stade francais.png
    stade francais.png
    5.8 KB · Views: 259
  • toulon.png
    toulon.png
    6.2 KB · Views: 260
  • toulouse.png
    toulouse.png
    6.6 KB · Views: 246
  • Racing Metro.png
    Racing Metro.png
    5.6 KB · Views: 234

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
just consistent relegaters or in the playoffs.

Attachments

• oyennaux.png
    oyennaux.png
    6.9 KB · Views: 246
  • paloise.png
    paloise.png
    5.3 KB · Views: 250
  • montauban.png
    montauban.png
    6.5 KB · Views: 249
  • lyon.png
    lyon.png
    6.3 KB · Views: 239
  • grenoble.png
    grenoble.png
    6 KB · Views: 269
  • albi.png
    albi.png
    4.8 KB · Views: 244

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Brilliant RF, I'll get onto these as soon as I get a chance, likely at work tomorrow..

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
the queensland rugby football schools union, not sure but i think its the logo which is equivalent to the CHS logo and reps combined secondary schools, still unsure, anyone in the know enlighten me, because i cant find one for the CSS and i cant find a logo for NSW schools.

Attachments

• Queensland rugby football schools union.png
    Queensland rugby football schools union.png
    5 KB · Views: 263

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
I just love the clarity that you're able to impart into these 40px images, they look so much clearer than the ones scarfy and I have knocked up. In fact the reason I had been cropping them close is so they can still be read, your icons are much, MUCH better.

Can you email me all the icons? Will save me some time to upload them all as one batch. Cheers.

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
this is pretty staggering. maybe it's easier than it seems to a dope like me, but still....

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
this is pretty staggering. maybe it's easier than it seems to a dope like me, but still....
Icon creation is one of those things we take for granted, but there's a real skill to it which RF and cheezel have, and I don't!

The difficulty comes in trying to make something large and detailed look sharp at a much smaller size. A 40x40 pixel icon has just 40 individual dots high and wide. Each of these dots can be a single colour, and in that space you need to show precise detail such as lettering etc.

When I try it my bufooned method is to take the bigger picture and resize it to 40 pixels. This blurs a lot of image data into a small area resulting in a loss of clarity, so to make it half legible I crop the big image first to reduce the amount of starting detail then resize it. Still looks crap most of the time! I've no idea how these guys get their icons looking so good.

Some further reading here.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
its a matter of a good graphics processor, and a few of the stuff i have in vector formats and deleting the white space before you downsize helps. i put them all in a zip file here i think, though im unsure if they're all there.

Attachments

• Desktop.zip
    470.1 KB · Views: 286

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
I'm just going through these now RF, still heaps of renaming for me to get through so might not be till the weekend.

Reckon you could do a few more, such as
- Guinness Premiership
- Heineken Cup
- Beer
- Steak
- Pie
- BBQ

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Does anyone know the full names of the Magners league teams?

Aironi
Benneton
Connacht
Edinburgh
Glasgow
Leinster
Munster
Newport
Ospreys
Scarlets

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)