• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

TPN being flown to Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
I would want to make sure he is 150% fit before I throw him into a test, especially vs England. I care far more about his fitness for next season than winning/losing one game on the Spring Tour, even if it is against the poms. We are pretty desperate though if Moore's injury is bad.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I was surprised with Edmonds. Especially in the Scrum but that may have been Slipper as well.

TerryTate

Allen Oxlade (6)
I am not a fan of Fainga'a but having said that I'd prefer to keep TPN home if it meant that he was fully recovered.. year out from the Cup I'd prefer to see a full strength front row come next year then worrying about potential and existing injuries that could have been preventable.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
wooo! cant wait to see my boy TPN in action again! last time I saw him was Parra V Uni! He is going to go all-out in his 1st game back, hopefully better for the scrum and PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD wear some sort of ankle protection!!!!!!

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
My source says that TPN's original injury (foot/ankle) is completely healed and the only issue is lack of game time and fitness.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Should have bloody taken Charles in the first place. I'm not a fan of rushing TPN back... It's like deja vu all over again.

Indeed. There was heated debate over it, but recall that discussion re the use (or misuse) of TPN in BaaBaas 2 in Gosford. He went back on again that match and his injury seemed to really worsen for the double use (Fp argued with me that this didn't matter, he was heading for a predicted ankle operation anyway, I begged to differ). Then we had both Hynes and Ioane admitting a few months ago that they both made serious misjudgements in coming back too soon from injury during 2010. So, the question must be asked: if TPN can go on to the UK on November 7, why could he not be picked 3-4 weeks ago?

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Yeah poor selection by Robbie he should have taken Charles, TPN is under done.

Not sure if it's Moore or the fact that Fainga'a is now injured also & we may be down to only one hooker come Twickers but why not bring in TPN & Charles?

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
If TPN is fit get him over.

Edmonds shouldn't have gone in the first place, Charles or Fitzpatrick should have gone instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.