• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

TRC 2016: Matches not involving Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Being a Scotland fan must be tough. Like watching those Argie players dive left and right like soccer fluffybunnys
Yeah, it is, beyond the skill gap, coaching ability gap, player depth and lack of financial resources, it gets really frustrating. That's our fault though, and I can blame and be angry at Scotlands' lack of Rugby culture, the SRU, Scott Johnson etc. and nobody suffers except us.

But it gets particularly irritating when New Zealand consistently get an extra 2 or 3 red zone penalties prior to yellow cards being awarded, regardless of home or away and the nationality of the ref, plus get away with little things like Ardie holding onto Cubelli at scrum time.

Argie diving is getting close to that annoyance, but in reality, it's only been on this sort of level for the past 18 months or so, prior to that it was an annoyance at best due to the lack of an Argentinian Domestic/first class/Pro side. The combination of that, their performance at the world cup, and the Rugby Championship has shown that despite their excellent Rugby, they demonstrate things we don't want in the game.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
The All Blacks are the most cynical team in World Rugby. They are a blight on the game with the continual giving away of penalties in their half. The fact they have the absolute best attack in the world is lost on me because they are so professional in the way they concede penalties. It is no better than Lance Armstrong winning races on the juice.
I'll admit Nesbit and co make it worse as they constantly downplay any infringement by the Black or write it off as accidental. When the historical support for scum like Colin Meads, Richard Low, Frank Bunce and Owen Franks is added in I truly detest them, whgich is a great pity because the only decent backline play in the world comes from the All Blacks at Tier 1 test level.

They are the most dominant team in World Rugby by a country mile. They not only have the best attack and backline play in world rugby, they also have one the best - if not the best - aggressive defence in World Rugby as well.

Comparing them to Lance Armstrong is just a ridiculous bulllshit line said because your team happens to be pretty shit right now and you have no idea how to fix it. There is only 1 Wallaby who would even stand a chance of making an AB game day 23. The total lack of aggressive play in Australian Rugby or even understanding what aggressive play looks like means when you see it, you call it 'cynical' while applauding crappy niggle from guys like Coleman or Skelton and thinking that is what hard-nosed rugby looks like.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
And on a positive note, I tend to think ALB showed he pretty capable at 12 or 13, so we'll call him a keeper!! One upside of 2nd half is there will be no chance of complacency creeping in next week is there?

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Tuipulotu is growing into a great player. Personally, I'd rather have Luatua than Squire but I am a Blues fan. Squire for mine really hasn't shown much in the black jersey to date.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
They are the most dominant team in World Rugby by a country mile. They not only have the best attack and backline play in world rugby, they also have one the best - if not the best - aggressive defence in World Rugby as well.

Comparing them to Lance Armstrong is just a ridiculous bulllshit line said because your team happens to be pretty shit right now and you have no idea how to fix it. There is only 1 Wallaby who would even stand a chance of making an AB game day 23. The total lack of aggressive play in Australian Rugby or even understanding what aggressive play looks like means when you see it, you call it 'cynical' while applauding crappy niggle from guys like Coleman or Skelton and thinking that is what hard-nosed rugby looks like.

Offside more than 10 times in your own 22 is not hardnose play. I made no mention of aggression. The offside play only comes in your 22 or when a clean break is made to halt the move. How is that hardnosed and aggression. It is coldly calculated, coached and well executed cheating. The only thing that can be lauded about it is it is executed that well that even when they get penalised like in this game they generally do not get YC'd. So the Lance Armstrong comparison is apt, he is the biggest cheat ever in individual sport and was very coldly calculating in everything he did, and the All blacks are the best cheats in team sport. That is disappointing because they would still be the best by a country mile without the cynical play, but they would not have so many unbeaten victories and games would be a bit closer.

As for trying to say my criticism is only because the Wallabies are shit, you haven't read anything I have posted about the Wallabies over the years.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Tuipulotu is growing into a great player. Personally, I'd rather have Luatua than Squire but I am a Blues fan. Squire for mine really hasn't shown much in the black jersey to date.

It's early days yet. I liked his physicality and cover across the ground tonight.

I guess Luatua hadn't shown much either at this point either. And then he packed on the kegs and found himself on the outer. I think it will take a massive effort for Luatua to get back in the mix.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
On another note, Sanchez is an extremely gifted attacker, but the time has come surely for him to be suspended for the diving. Others have done it as well but he is a recidivist and needs a couple of weeks suspension for unsportsmanlike conduct. If it isn't picked up during the game it needs to be made part of the review process.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
It is no better than Lance Armstrong winning races on the juice.

hom.gif
hom.gif
smoke.gif
tree.gif
tree.gif

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Offside more than 10 times in your own 22 is not hardnose play. I made no mention of aggression. The offside play only comes in your 22 or when a clean break is made to halt the move. How is that hardnosed and aggression. It is coldly calculated, coached and well executed cheating. The only thing that can be lauded about it is it is executed that well that even when they get penalised like in this game they generally do not get YC'd. So the Lance Armstrong comparison is apt, he is the biggest cheat ever in individual sport and was very coldly calculating in everything he did, and the All blacks are the best cheats in team sport. That is disappointing because they would still be the best by a country mile without the cynical play, but they would not have so many unbeaten victories and games would be a bit closer.

As for trying to say my criticism is only because the Wallabies are shit, you haven't read anything I have posted about the Wallabies over the years.

Lance Armstrong took illegal drugs and then went to extreme measures to hide it. The ABs play a game right in front of the refs and get penalised and yellow carded.

You make no mention of aggression because again, you don't know what it is.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
It's early days yet. I liked his physicality and cover across the ground tonight.

I guess Luatua hadn't shown much either at this point either. And then he packed on the kegs and found himself on the outer. I think it will take a massive effort for Luatua to get back in the mix.

I thought he had some really good games in the black jersey but yeah - he's found it hard to break back in after that poor off-season he had a couple of years back.

Grant NZ

Bill Watson (15)
Go and have a look at the incident that actually started that feud. I doubt you will regard it as anything though.

I'm well aware of the incident that started the 'feud', thanks.

But if you think that is anything close to justification for Brial swinging 10 or so unanswered punches, you're the one with a lack of perspective. And indeed, if you're gonna class Bunce as 'scum' for that, you should probably take a look at half your fucken team - Hooper got a citing for the exact same thing in the RWC after all.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
I'm well aware of the incident that started the 'feud', thanks.

But if you think that is anything close to justification for Brial swinging 10 or so unanswered punches, you're the one with a lack of perspective. And indeed, if you're gonna class Bunce as 'scum' for that, you should probably take a look at half your fucken team - Hooper got a citing for the exact same thing in the RWC after all.

Exactly. Pointing the finger at someone like Franks and calling him 'scum' is poor. The guy has played 80-odd Tests and doesn't play dirty. Yes, he should have at least been penalised a few weeks back but the Wallabies have there fair share of grubs and hot-headed moments as well.

G

galumay

Two things need to be dealt with by world rugby, the soccer style diving that the Pumas engage in has to be dealt with severely to stamp out this form of cheating.

Secondly the persistent cheating by the AB's when their line is challenged must be dealt with more severely, we havent seen it as much this season because their line has so rarely been challenged, but this morning's game exposed their cynical cheating at its worst. Relentlessly offside, repeated scrum infringments and foul play - all with the clear and deliberate intent of denying the opposition from scoring.

AB's should really have been down to 13 a couple of times.

The shame of it all is that they play such fantastic, accurate and entertaining rugby the rest of the game, and as has been pointed out before they simply dont need to lower themselves to this sort of behaviour - they are going to win most games anyway due to their superior skill and execution.

For all that it was at least a much more entertaining game of rugby than the other one last night!

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
ABs proved again that they are (a) an exceptionally good rugby team and (b) that they will cynically infringe under pressure until carded.

ABs supreme in the 1st half, but Argentina fought back really well. They're the two best teams in TRC in 2016.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Well Bullrush & Grant NZ if the evidence was right in front of you. To the extent you have to resort to the "yeah but you...." squealing.

I don't and never have defended Brial for his ineffectual attack on Bunce (or any other foul play), doesn't change what started it and comparing it to Hooper's incident is an absolute joke (clutching at straws). I notice you then selectively throw up Franks' 80+ tests as proof he is such a great bloke, but then at the time both Meads and Low were also extremely highly capped near the most for the country at the time in their positions and both should have been banned for life. Low in particular and I am told he is a great bloke off the field but just a criminal on it.

The fact of the matter is that the ABs get away with shit nobody else does and only got their first YC after they conceded 6 penalties in a row for offside +1 for a dangerous tackle that started around the neck but was downgraded because somehow he "readjusted" in All Black speak to only be above the shoulder. FFS its still a head high tackle. The team then went on to concede three penalties at the scrum under the post and a few more offisides before conceding another YC. Why did Peyer re-set the penalty count and warning after the first YC as he so obviously did.

Why does this come up after every game? Simply because the ABs train and structure to defeat the Laws and do it with speed and authority just like the intruder walking around a restricted area, look like you belong and nobody will see or at best question what they have seen. I also think the treatment of Stuart Dickenson at the hands of Paddy Obrien plays into the thoughts of referees not wanting to make any controversial calls against the ABs because your career will be F^%$# after that.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I quite amused the ABs are the only team that blow penalties in defence, I will ask anyone in here to rewatch the Wallaby/Bok test, and tell me how many times the Boks got in the Wallabies 22 when the Wallabies didn't give away a penalty, and take my word for it you won't need more than one hand and you will have spare fingers!!! Most teams give away penalties in defence, because that is when they desperate and really push the offside line to stop opposites!!

And I am not defending it it by any means, just stating a fact!

Status
Not open for further replies.