• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Tri Nations Game 6 - Wallabies vs All Blacks - Saturday 27 August 2011 - 3N2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
We played badly in that first half. Dropped balls, missed tackles, sloppy ball at the back of rucks, that is playing badly. They looked clueless. As I say, it's partly down to how well and how hard you guys played but we were having a mare.

It was like the first half at Eden Park, in reverse.

B

Blob

We played badly in that first half. Dropped balls, missed tackles, sloppy ball at the back of rucks, that is playing badly. They looked clueless. As I say, it's partly down to how well and how hard you guys played but we were having a mare.

I think what I'm getting from the Aussies is that the All Blacks never play badly. And they never play badly when they lose. Becuase - and I think this is the theme - if the All Blacks played badly it means that the winners... didn't really win? Nup, I can't work out why it's so offensive that the All Blacks might have played badly.

As you say, quite reasonably, some of the bad All Black play was due to great Wallaby pressure. Some of the bad All Black play, and I'm thinkign primarily of the poor response to the Wallaby pressure, was down to the All Blacks themselves. They can turn pressure. They've done it before and they'll do it again. They didn't in that game. They played poorly. It doesn't detract from the win.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I thought the ABs definitely did turn pressure with that first 20 minutes of the second half. When we went to oranges I was feeling more nervous than if the scores were reversed and there was no way we'd done enough to shut the ABs out completely.

The ability to change gameplan and be murderously effective at it is the biggest reason I think the ABs are well and truly still favourites for the WC. I wish we could do that when things aren't going right, even if it takes a big boot up the arse at half time.

Status
Not open for further replies.