• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Trial: Reds v Rebels - Friday 14 February 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Yes it was, but it doesn't really change much from the Tahs perspective.

It's not like the road trip thing would have been overly effective if they'd been doing it on the way to Newcastle.

I dunno, the Australian Reptile Park at Somersby is very exciting

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
The way the Tahs did their trial in Albury seemed to work well (although having a car company as a sponsor helped).

They made a big deal of the road trip and did it over several days running coaching clinics and doing other events at country towns on the way.

Seems like a good way of killing two birds with one stone (having a country trial and engaging with rural fans).

Couldn't agree more, and the Reds are also sponsored by the same company. One of the only sponsor 'activations' I've ever enjoyed. I'd love to see similar in Queensland.

BUT the driving distance between Albury and Sydney is much less than between say, Brisbane and Townsville. Roma could work with a similar concept but it's still part of the Darling Downs (I am 99% sure, anyway), and the Central Queensland area is a great idea but the cost of accommodation would be obscene - mining rates most definitely apply!

Flying to Townsville and then driving to Cairns would work, but I can't recall many Volvo dealers up in those parts.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Suppose the team will be similar to the starting side last week. May be a tweak or two but 1-10 are set - wingers and centres are the questuionable spots (except Taps and Turner)

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Reds named
Reds v Rebels.png

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
and the curtain raiser will be QLD A v the Aussie Barbarians:

Reds A v Australian Barbarians

1. Pettowa Paraka (Reds WTS)
2. Andrew Ready (Reds WTS)
3. Albert Anae (Reds)
4. Dave McDuling (Reds)
5. Blake Enever (Reds)
6. Michael Gunn (Reds WTS/Reds Under 20s)
7. Beau Robinson (C) (Reds)
8. Tim Buchanan (Reds WTS)
9. Nigel Genia (Reds WTS)
10. Sam Greene (Reds WTS/Reds Under 20s)
11. Chris Kuridrani (Reds)
12. UJ Seuteni (Reds WTS)
13. Sam Johnson (Reds WTS)
14. Kimami Sitauti (Reds WTS)
15. Jake McIntyre (Reds WTS/Reds Under 20s)

Reserves
Feleti Kaituu (Reds Under 20s), Sef Faagaase (Reds WTS), Phil Kite (Reds WTS), Adam Korczyk (Reds Under 20s), Lolo Fakasolia (Reds Under 20s), Scott Gale (Reds WTS/Under 20s), Veresa Mataitini (Reds WTS).

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
A man after my own heart there Big Dog.

I'm a lady looking for the finer things: a marriage proposal incorporating "crouch set engage", a wedding on a day without rugby (or a big screen at the reception with speeches during the ad breaks), and for catering we can have a couple of pigs on a spit.

I'll fight you for that man Cat......

T

TOCC

I actually think that outside backs provide a good mix of evasive and direct running, CFS and to a lesser extent Shipperly & Turner provide that direct running ability to get across the advantage line, whilst Davies and Turner are both great finishers.

I think the centre pairing is interesting, I wouldn't be all too surprised to see this as the starting centre pairing for the Brumbies game.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I like the 10/12/13 combination here.

Harris being there allows him to take some ball distribution duties away from Quade which can allow a bit more 'free flowing' and also means CFS should see lots of attacking opportunity as Harris is a pass first type of player.

Cat_A

Arch Winning (36)
Reds A v Australian Barbarians kicks off at 3:40pm, followed by a Junior Gold Cup clash between Brisbane Yellow and Gold Coast at 5:30pm. Gates open at 3:30pm.

I think there will be a hottie or two on the sideline for the Reds A game.

Yes, for Valentines Day some lucky ladies get a dressing shed full of men.

Status
Not open for further replies.