• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

TYS Wallaby Player of the Year: v Boks

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Tough one for mine.

3 Robinson
2 Smith
1 Horwill

Am over Brown now. Not far behind with Burgo.

The bench were fantastic for us.

We just aren't good enough at the moment.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
3. Smith
2. Mum
1. Mitchell or O'Connor
mentions:
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), Genia, Alexander, Robinson, Pocock

points taken away:
Burgo
Palu - we need someone with more of a skill set, ie hollies type
Sharpe
Turner - you made one good tackle other then that i didn't see you
Gits
Barnes - i don't think we need two play makers anymore.

S

Spook

Noddy, how on earth can you give any points to Horwill? The bloke has regressed since last year.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I though kev did some fantastic stuff in tight around the ruck. He was best Wallaby on ground, for mine, in the first half. The fact that he was crook just heightened it.

S

Spook

Fair enough but I don't see it that way. I think he has made little impact. Doesn't seem to be the enforcer he was.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
3 - ben robinson
2 - smith
1 - burgess (i actually think he played well, the hate from his bad game has carried over, but he deserves better than that for what he did in hard circumstances this week, his passing was better by a mile.)

still think the bench love needs to be messured out by the fact the springboks had started to defend there lead as opposed to the players who played the first 50 having little ball. the subs didnt win us that much ball, they were gifted it by a team tired by three weeks straght of test matches. still good to see the bench on there.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
3. Benn Robinson
2. George Smith
1.James O'Conner

Special mention AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper), TPN & Genia

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Fatprop, so Robbo you're best Wallaby?

And I'm not usually one to question others picks, but Baxter? Really?

T

TOCC

i was blind drunk and may have fallen asleep for 20min in the second half, i will reserve my opinion until i see a replay

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
i was blind drunk and may have fallen asleep for 20min in the second half, i will reserve my opinion until i see a replay

Your a sucker for punishement but so am I. I'll still watch it again even though only two words come to mind when I think of the wallabies "Bumbling Idiots".

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
3 Moore
2 Mitchell
1 Burgess

Based on who kept us in it in the first half when others wilted.

Couldn't give points to Smith, who was outdone by Broussow, and Benn Robinson's scrummaging was terrific but his workrate in the first half was atrocious.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
3 Robbo
2 Smith - but more for work other than pilfering where Brussouw owned him
1 Mitchell - tried well, good effort.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
was interesting watching Brussouw last night as i didn't see the game last week.
don't think he would have been so great if he didn't have a big smashing pack with him.
on his own i think he'd be quite overrated.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Noddy said:

And I'm not usually one to question others picks, but Baxter? Really?

The front row was the only shining light for 80 mins, Beast has given many quality THPs this year a hard time, Baxter deserves the point for managing him from scrum 2 onwards.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)

Fatprop,
I think Noddy asked if you want 3points for Benn Robinson or 3 points for Baxter? You have Benn Robinson at the top of your list with a 1 next to him.

Remember it's a 3 2 1 point scoring system were the most points wins.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
disco said:

Fatprop,
I think Noddy asked if you want 3points for Benn Robinson or 3 points for Baxter? You have Benn Robinson at the top of your list with a 1 next to him.

Remember it's a 3 2 1 point scoring system were the most points wins.

3 Robinson
2 Moore
1 Baxter

Sorry Nod ...............................................................

Status
Not open for further replies.