• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

U16/U19 Competition 2023

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Who were the standouts? I assume from scoreline primarily Tahs boys
Walsh (NSW10) was very good. As was Hartman (NSW 14). I hadn't seen much of Walsh before the rep games last year but I'm getting the hype and reason for playing him up last year. Hartman is a natural Winger. He's elusive with speed and skill who always leaves with a bag full. Both 9s Blank & Grover are very good.

QLD have a few big boys in the Front Row and I thought the Pritchard (QLD 15) looked very dangerous and when he popped up at first receiver straightened the attack well and got them over the advantage line. NSW were able to stop them after 3-4 phases or steal a lineout so it was a quite day for a lot of them.

NSW looked like the Forwards had been given a rocket during the week after probably being shaded in the first game. In the drizzle they dominated and in any underage games the defence breaks sooner rather than later.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Hard to know whether he'll be "lost to rugby" or was never really ours to begin with.

As a Wests Tigers fan I look forward to him starting to break out as an NRL star then immediately move to the Roosters or Storm.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Hard to know whether he'll be "lost to rugby" or was never really ours to begin with.

As a Wests Tigers fan I look forward to him starting to break out as an NRL star then immediately move to the Roosters or Storm.
Lean towards the later.

Still a shame to see a kid who is currently playing Rep Rugby and will be playing Rugby for a couple more years be taken out of our system. (Potentially)

Rugby haven’t failed in this instance but it shows the resources League have. Rugby should stay in contact as this is the same this as JS really and we want to be in the convo when future contracts are in the air which will be before he’s 21.