• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

U16/U19 Competition 2023

Rudderless

Ron Walden (29)
Our Australia U16 team to face the Pacific All Stars

AIS, Canberra
️Tuesday 1:30pm AEDT
rugby.com.au/videos

1702270254150.png

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Brilliant player as well.

Hard to judge the forwards at this age but my ones to watch:

9, 12, 14, 15, 20

Isaac Fonua would have been another likely in the 2nd Row but is unavailable.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
U18s playing QLD at Ballymore on Saturday at 12:30pm

Half the side are the NSW U16s from season just gone. It is a big step up when some of them still may be 16.

IMG_0764.jpeg

IMG_0765.jpeg

Cockatoo Run

Herbert Moran (7)
Yep and clev Gets his kid picked. WOW what a surprise

Awful post. Have you actually seen him play? Played very, very well for Newington 1st XV in Year 11. The kid made the GenBlue U18 last year as well and played exceptionally well vs Queensland and got a call up for Australia U18 vs NZ in the second game. And, I'm Joeys aligned but know a decent player from another school when I see one.

pnut

Watty Friend (18)
Awful post. Have you actually seen him play? Played very, very well for Newington 1st XV in Year 11. The kid made the GenBlue U18 last year as well and played exceptionally well vs Queensland and got a call up for Australia U18 vs NZ in the second game. And, I'm Joeys aligned but know a decent player from another school when I see one.
Fair enough

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Tomorrow's QLD vs NSW game will be shown on Rugby Xplorer:

1709258035063.png

Teams:
WARATAHS (1-15): Nicholas Hill, Poni Ravubale, Edwin Langi, Isaac Fonua, Toby Brial, Luca Cleverley, Marshall Le Maitre (c), Justice Taumoepeau, Sam Blank, Joe Walsh, Tom Hartman, Henry Conick, Riley Evans, Jay McKenzie, Charlie Poynton

Reserves: Riley Osborn, Harper Strachan, Lewis Wilson, Edward Baxter, Zion Poitaha, Angus Grover, Harrison Dene, Tom Watts, Hayden Lavercombe, Tom Farr-Jones

REDS (1-15): Kingsley Uys, Ewald Kruger, Lehopoama Leota (c), William Ross, Bennett Armistead, Eli Langi, Jye Crothers, Teina Graham, Stan Keats, Finn Mackay, Tom Howard, Chace Oates, Chris Jensen, Nick Conway, Treyvon Pritchard

Reserves: John Grenfell, Daniel Christodoulou, Emil Willie-Jawai, Will Pascoe, Josh Takai, Sam Watson, Callum Simpson, Ryan Heaton, Berakah Tuifaasisina, Wallace Charlie

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Few changes in the NSW side. More shifting for opportunity with Brial into the second row to get Taumoepeau a start. I'd expect Brial ends up 8 at the end of the year. Impressive prospect. Being named VC of the Aus 18s last year says a lot.

Walsh at 10 is the other big one. Would have liked to see him paired with Grover who was one of the best last week but he's playing alongside his school boy 9 so it should be clean.

QLD Captain is a beast. There are a few genuine Front Row stocks coming through each year which is excellent to see.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
The Junior Tahs played like the senior Tahs with a crap kicking game for the first few minutes, put in a shit kick 10m from the Qld line and ended up defending their own line five minutes later. 0-7 to the Junior Reds after 10 minutes. Somehow, the JTs worked out kicking wasn't so good and put the boot away. Voila! Four tries and 25-7 after 33 minutes. The JTs played to their strengths and put the Junior Reds to the sword with a final score of 54-14.

Two things about the Junior Reds: one, they didn't look fit. And, two, the JR backs played as if they met each other in the warm up, poor ensemble play.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Looked like a 1st XV playing a 2nd XV.

54 points in wet conditions is a good job by NSW. Tahs would have stolen more line out than QLD got.

QLD had some big boys but especially no.3 but the NSW players looked more conditioned with the size.

QLD people would know more about it but has there been a drop off in playing numbers? These games use to often be a split year to year and age group to age group but it’s been one way traffic in 15s, 16s, 18s the last few. Not a good thing for Aus even though I love seeing the Blue win games.

- Thought the young ref was very good. He did some of the rep games last year as well.

- Concord is a great facility.