• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

UC Vikings 2014 Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Posted in the Asics thread:

gajazada.jpg
new asics kit of the Canberra Vikings for the NRC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apparently all the NRC teams will be kitted out by Asics.........

No.8

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Looks good - nice and simple!

Not really sure what people expect? haha

Saw it got a bashing by other club players last night on social media - again if they are not going to front any cash I dont think they should be saying anything...

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Looks good - nice and simple!

Not really sure what people expect? haha

Saw it got a bashing by other club players last night on social media - again if they are not going to front any cash I dont think they should be saying anything.

Yeah, its a shame its all over the fact that the people with money to make it all happen wanted to use their colours. Without them I could guarantee these whingers would be whining that the Vikings group didn't put up the money to make it happen. So its a pretty idiotic argument all round!

My fear if is even close to successful and we do identify players from the local clubs the anti UC Vikings crowd may find themselves out of favour pretty quickly within their own clubs which will be comical. I know the Fisher / Larkham / McKellar are all keen to find and develop local players as a feeder for super Rugby, so if they find a local club player, it going to be hard for cynics in each club not to go support one of there own without making an ass of themselves. Then again they will look like right royal wankers when they front at games anyway.

The sad bit is that they have already done some damage to the game in Canberra.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
This is the kit for the Sydney Stars. Very Uni looking ... bet there isn't the same fuss about that. Also the colours ... same as ACT colours. I am betting that Uni , sorry, the Stars have more sway than a Canberra team, I doubt we were ever going to have blue/gold as a choice no matter what people want.
So, for the 500 + petition signers that are anti Vikings colours we'll give you these pieces for the jigsaw puzzle that answers the question why it had to be Vikings colours we'll keep it to your intellectual level by having only 2 pieces to the jigsaw. 1 The ARU did not want NRC teams directly aligned with Super Rugby clubs so the colours white blue and yellow were not going to be very favourable. 2. As you can see above, somebody else had dibs on it and their political sway is obviously greater than ours.

So congratulations on starting a petition that vilified rugby in the ACT for no other reason than complete stupidity.
stars shirts.png

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
pointing out both Rams and NSW country eagles have orange as their main colour from what I'm aware of. Similarly Perth will have black and gold hoops.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Brisbane City will also wear Blue and Gold. It looks like there will be plenty of yellow/gold in the NRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.