• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Un-Australian Activities 2019

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Sharks: 15 Aphelele Fassi, 14 Sbu Nkosi, 13 Lukhanyo Am, 12 Andre Esterhuizen, 11 Makazole Mapimpi, 10 Curwin Bosch, 9 Louis Schreuder (captain), 8 Dan du Preez, 7 Jean-Luc du Preez, 6 Jacques Vermeulen, 5 Ruan Botha, 4 Ruben van Heerden, 3 Coenie Oosthuizen, 2 Kerron van Vuuren, 1 Mzamo Majola. Substitutes: 16 Craig Burden/Cullen Collopy, 17 Juan Schoeman, 18 Thomas du Toit, 19 Hyron Andrews, 20 Tyler Paul, 21 Cameron Wright, 22 Robert du Preez, 23 Kobus van Wyk

Hurricanes: Jordie Barrett, Wes Goosen, Matt Proctor, Ngani Laumape, Ben Lam, Beauden Barrett, TJ Perenara (c), Reed Prinsep, Ardie Savea, Vaea Fifita, Isaia Walker-Leawere, James Blackwell, Jeff To'omaga-Allen, Asafo Aumua, Toby Smith. Reserves: Dane Coles, Fraser Armstrong, Ross Geldenhuys, Kane Le'aupepe, Du'Plessis Kirifi, Gareth Evans, Richard Judd, James Marshall

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...k-dane-coles-on-bench-for-hurricanes-v-sharks

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Lions: 15 Andries Coetzee, 14 Courtnall Skosan, 13 Lionel Mapoe, 12 Harold Vorster, 11 Aphiwe Dyantyi, 10 Shaun Reynolds, 9 Ross Cronjé, 8 Kwagga Smith (captain), 7 Vincent Tshituka, 6 Cyle Brink, 5 Marvin Orie, 4 Stephan Lewies, 3 Carlü Sadie, 2 Malcolm Marx, 1 Dylan Smith. Substitutes: 16 Jan-Henning Campher, 17 Sti Sithole, 18 Johannes Jonker, 19 Reinhard Nothnagel, 20 Marnus Schoeman, 21 Hacjivah Dayimani, 22 Nic Groom, 23 Tyrone Green

Jantjies dropped for an unspecified breach of team protocol:

https://m.sport24.co.za/Rugby/Super...-clash-after-breach-of-team-protocol-20190530

Stormers: 15 Damian Willemse, 14 Seabelo Senatla, 13 JJ Engelbrecht, 12 Damian de Allende, 11 Dillyn Leyds, 10 Josh Stander, 9 Herschel Jantjies, 8 Sikhumbuzo Notshe, 7 Johan du Toit, 6 Jaco Coetzee, 5 Cobus Wiese, 4 Eben Etzebeth, 3 Wilco Louw, 2 Scarra Ntubeni, 1 Steven Kitshoff (captain). Substitutes: 16 Chad Solomon, 17 Corne Fourie, 18 Frans Malherbe, 19 Ernst van Rhyn, 20 Marno Redelinghuys, 21 Justin Phillips, 22 Jean-Luc du Plessis, 23 Dan Kriel

Kolisi (knee, possibly out for six weeks), PS du Toit & van Wyk all out hence Kitshoff as captain:

https://m.sport24.co.za/Rugby/SuperRugby/kitshoff-to-lead-stormers-into-lions-den-20190530

https://m.sport24.co.za/Rugby/Super...es-siya-kolisi-out-for-up-to-6-weeks-20190530

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
I see there's been a few late changes to the Blues bench.

yz6pr1ewcf131.jpg

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Some nice antarctic weather just settled in over Auckland. Thunder, lightning, heavy rain, and freezing temperatures.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ Last long weekend until late October so of course the weather has turned to shit pretty much everywhere & there probably won't be too much Polynesian b-ball at Eden Park tonight nor too many Paremoremo jailbreaks. But I'm hopeful Loss Bleus can outflank Die Bulls often enough to get the job done.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
FFS. PLUMMER CONFIDENTLY STRIDES UP AND COMPLETELY ROGERS YET ANOTHER POTENTIAL MATCH-WINNING KICK AT THE FUCKEN DEATH.

Wasnt an overly hard position but he got the yips and totally snatched at it. FFS. If you're not confident of winning the game after LOSING the other game in the same position last time, then let some other fluffybunny try and win the fucking game please. We can't all be the hero. And you're clearly fucken not, Ian Baker Fucken Plummer.

Is it just me or is Soup Rugby this year just a total procession of shit? Leaugie one off hit-ups. Empty stadiums. 3 minute scrum resests. Rinse repeat. I was actually focused on that match for about 8 of the fucken 80 minutes.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ I've been critical of NZ teams not taking the three when on offer but when Mr 54% stepped up I thought "kick for the corner, son, you're not gunna get it from there". Even weirder that Black (67% for the season) was out there & they still gave it to Plummer.

EDIT: according to FoxSports' stats, Plummer is 9/12 penalties-wise but he's 8/19 for conversions & my impression is that he's mostly been taking them from wide & left i.e. the very area from which he attempted the match-winner.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
^ I've been critical of NZ teams not taking the three when on offer but when Mr 54% stepped up I thought "kick for the corner, son, you're not gunna get it from there". Even weirder that Black (67% for the season) was out there & they still gave it to Plummer.

EDIT: according to FoxSports' stats, Plummer is 9/12 penalties-wise but he's 8/19 for conversions & my impression is that he's mostly been taking them from wide & left i.e. the very area from which he attempted the match-winner.

Conundrum for Loss Bleus is of course where on the park to lose the rugby football match from.

bluesmaul_zpsqrycacnf.jpg

They can choose the inevitable fucking up of the maul, or the 50/50 chance that they will roger up the kick.

Such a wealth of choices for our local losers.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well now that Blues are f***ed for finals, can they put Scrafton on ice for rest of season, don't want any career ending unjuries to the Cane's new lock for next year:p;)

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Google says it's 25C & 89% humidity in Suva, could be some dew about :).

Stands look reasonably full & Tribe appear to have dished out more flags etc than my blokes.

EDIT: Sevu Reece's mum is in attendance with what looks like a fair chunk of the Reece family. Nice.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
CruSadists take the three, as they should. Need to be treating these last coupla round-robin matches as if they're knock-outs.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Went 34-19 on my tipping so need Tribe to get their shit together (but not too much so) pretty soon.

EDIT: says he as Ennor puts Reece away.