• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Un-Australian Activities 2019

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Didn't see that match, but I'm supposed to believe that this version of the Chiefs -- sans Retallick and D.McKenzie -- legitimately came back from a 20 point defect to defeat the Crusaders, this late in the season? I don't buy it. These Chiefs aren't that good, and these Crusaders are far too good to let that happen. No, no. The only logical answer is that the Crusaders threw the match.

Why?

To f*ck with the Blues.

Now why would they do that? Well, because they're the Crusaders. The Evil Empire. The-New-England-Patriots-if-they-were-a-rugby-team. Seeing the Blues languish is what gets them out of bed in the morning. They have an unassailable lead at the top of the table, so have no worries about being overtaken, meaning they can indulge their sadistic desires. Thus they threw the game. It gives the Chiefs four competition points (31 total) and pushes them past the Blues (28 total), relegating them to last in NZ. Just where the Crusaders want them.

Prove me wrong.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
1. Crusaders 53
2. Jaguares 41
3. Brumbies 39
4. Hurricanes 44
5. Lions 35 were eighth
6. Rebels 34 were fifth
7. Bulls 34
8. Sharks 33 were sixth

Top four pretty much locked in but places 5-8 still vulnerable to Chiefs (31), Waratahs (30), Stormers (30), Highlanders (29) & even Blues (28) are within a BP win plus a Sharks loss of the eight if the planets align just so.........

QF1 Crusaders v Sharks
QF2 Hurricanes v Lions
QF3 Jaguares v Bulls
QF4 Brumbies v Rebels

Week 17:

Fri 7 Highlanders v Bulls
Sun 9 Lions v Hurricanes
Sun 9 Stormers v Sunwolves
Sun 9 Jaguares v Sharks

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Thinking about the four matches CruSadists haven't won this year imo the common factor is insisting on playing dry weather footy when the conditions require wet weather footy (I know it was dry in Suva but it was also hot & humid which is just as bad). Time to park the Porsche 911 in the shed & get the Land Cruiser into action.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Didn't see that match, but I'm supposed to believe that this version of the Chiefs -- sans Retallick and D.McKenzie -- legitimately came back from a 20 point defect to defeat the Crusaders, this late in the season? I don't buy it. These Chiefs aren't that good, and these Crusaders are far too good to let that happen. No, no. The only logical answer is that the Crusaders threw the match.

Why?

To f*ck with the Blues.

Now why would they do that? Well, because they're the Crusaders. The Evil Empire. The-New-England-Patriots-if-they-were-a-rugby-team. Seeing the Blues languish is what gets them out of bed in the morning. They have an unassailable lead at the top of the table, so have no worries about being overtaken, meaning they can indulge their sadistic desires. Thus they threw the game. It gives the Chiefs four competition points (31 total) and pushes them past the Blues (28 total), relegating them to last in NZ. Just where the Crusaders want them.

Prove me wrong.

Lol I like how your twisted mind is working zer0:D

Blake

Ted Fahey (11)
1. Crusaders 53
2. Jaguares 41
3. Brumbies 39
4. Hurricanes 44
5. Lions 35 were eighth
6. Rebels 34 were fifth
7. Bulls 34
8. Sharks 33 were sixth

Top four pretty much locked in but places 5-8 still vulnerable to Chiefs (31), Waratahs (30), Stormers (30), Highlanders (29) & even Blues (28) are within a BP win plus a Sharks loss of the eight if the planets align just so...

QF1 Crusaders v Sharks
QF2 Hurricanes v Lions
QF3 Jaguares v Bulls
QF4 Brumbies v Rebels

Week 17:

Fri 7 Highlanders v Bulls
Sun 9 Lions v Hurricanes
Sun 9 Stormers v Sunwolves
Sun 9 Jaguares v Sharks

It’s crazy that the finals aren’t dynamic, so the winner of QF1 plays winner of QF2, no matter what. IE if they are the top ranked left in the semis they still play each other and the 6th place rebels Could host the other semi.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
It’s crazy that the finals aren’t dynamic, so the winner of QF1 plays winner of QF2, no matter what. IE if they are the top ranked left in the semis they still play each other and the 6th place rebels Could host the other semi.
Winner of QF1 players winner of QF4.

That said i think it's dumb that the best team automatically gets the path of least resistance to the final. It should be randomized somehow.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Pretty sure they changed it to make the logistics easier: IIRC in 2017 Tribe had four potential QF destinations to plan for & with less than 24 hours to get their flights & accommodation sorted once they found out where they were headed.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
From the Super 15 website (https://www.superxv.com/table/):
Capture.JPG

Is that wrong?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ they've just re-numbered the QF, possibly to make it easier to follow. The link I posted is from the official SANZAAR site & has:

QF1 1 v 8
QF2 4 v 5
QF3 2 v 7
QF4 3 v 6

So same same but different :).

Blake

Ted Fahey (11)
Pretty sure they changed it to make the logistics easier: IIRC in 2017 Tribe had four potential QF destinations to plan for & with less than 24 hours to get their flights & accommodation sorted once they found out where they were headed.

Thanks, Good to hear there was some logic behind it.

Blake

Ted Fahey (11)
^ they've just re-numbered the QF, possibly to make it easier to follow. The link I posted is from the official SANZAAR site & has:

QF1 1 v 8
QF2 4 v 5
QF3 2 v 7
QF4 3 v 6

So same same but different :).

Yeah it’s just the same as last year (...and probably next year). Crusaders v Hurricanes and the other two winners play.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Winner of QF1 players winner of QF4.

That said i think it's dumb that the best team automatically gets the path of least resistance to the final. It should be randomized somehow.

Sorry Derpus, but I beg to differ, the best team over the year should always get the least resistance path, they shouldn't have to risk getting a bad draw after being exactly what you said the best team, would be more than happy for top team at end of Round Robin to be champion (if the comp is fair)

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Sorry Derpus, but I beg to differ, the best team over the year should always get the least resistance path, they shouldn't have to risk getting a bad draw after being exactly what you said the best team, would be more than happy for top team at end of Round Robin to be champion (if the comp is fair)
Why bother having finals then? Just give the top team the winners medal. The odds that the top team will lose a home game are tiny, making the finals a procession.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
The filthy Cantabs have to be rewarded for murdering everyone all season. Has to be an incentive otherwise you couldnt expect them to even bother with the reg season if it's gonna be some more of the "mummy, mummy, everyone should have a faaaaaaiiiir chance once the playoffs start, mummy" participation medal conference system bullshit