• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Un-Australian Activities 2019

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Just the two injury-forced changes for Crusaders, Ennor for Crotty & Dunshea for Barrett:

Crusaders: David Havili, Sevu Reece, Brayden Ennor, Jack Goodhue, George Bridge, Richie Mo'unga, Bryn Hall, Kieran Read, Matt Todd, Whetukamokamo Douglas, Sam Whitelock (captain), Mitchell Dunshea, Owen Franks, Codie Taylor, Joe Moody. Reserves: Will Jordan, Mitchell Hunt, Mitchell Drummond, Jordan Taufua, Luke Romano, Michael Ala'alatoa, George Bower, Andrew Makalio.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Poor W.O.

He's the only bastard on the whole forum who has a team in the final.

my main concern, from a national standpoint, is that the following players arent horribly injured:

- the only good Whitelock.

all the others have a possibly passable replacement come RWC time

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
D-myzVZU4AAOXIQ.jpg:large

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
it'll be 40-3 or something utterly uninteresting and we can wind up another dire Super Rugby season.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ Jags are good for at least one try & unless someone's a man down for a fair chunk of the game I don't see it being a blowout. FWIW I've gone 32-19 on my tipping (I'll let you guess which way :)).

Poor W.O.

He's the only bastard on the whole forum who has a team in the final.

Not quite, there's ACT Crusader, Blake & a coupla others with the soon-to-be-gone Knight & Sword logo.

my main concern, from a national standpoint, is that the following players arent horribly injured:

- the only good Whitelock.

all the others have a possibly passable replacement come RWC time

Fuckin A to that.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
it'll be 40-3 or something utterly uninteresting and we can wind up another dire Super Rugby season.

For you maybe mate, but funnily enough I have enjoyed it again!!! Mind you I love the game, so perhaps I not one to judge, but I have seen some great rugby, the bloody good players, so I as always happy to see it finish with whoever is the right champion team, and after WC will be looking forward to next season!!

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
For you maybe mate, but funnily enough I have enjoyed it again!!! Mind you I love the game, so perhaps I not one to judge, but I have seen some great rugby, the bloody good players, so I as always happy to see it finish with whoever is the right champion team, and after WC will be looking forward to next season!!
I'm glad you enjoyed it Dan, though I'll note you are one of the easier fans to please (which is a pleasant rarity in this joint).

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I reckon there's been some great rugby this year. The results of the Australian teams have been poor again (outside of the Brumbies) but I think from an Australian perspective there have been more good derby games than I can remember for years.

Plenty of the NZ games have been outstanding as always (although there have also been a few dire ones).

It's still the bulk of the rugby I watch and am interested in.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Forecast for Christchurch is partly cloudy, a cool 7C with 87% humidity (so yes there will be dew) & a slight breeze of ~10 kph.

I want to see CruSadists go into full-on Finals mode: make their exits, dominate set-piece & any points on offer (but if Reece or Bridge should find themselves unmarked or one-on-one out wide have a go by all means but not too much flashy shit until it's in the bag).

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Christ. WTF is the fullback doing coming in to cover a lock who was going to be run down regardless? Just plop yourself between Whitelock and Taylor, and force Whitelock to probably go into touch or try his luck with a very low percentage offload. Or at the absolute least just don't move to engage him like he's a winger.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
YTF is Taylor throwing long? Jags lock has most lineout steals in Super Rugby so surely you go short & run some old-school Willie Aways.