• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Un-Australian Activities 2020

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Would have to be Loss Bleus' best result in years & I think it's obvious that if they're to continue on their journey To Infinity And Beyond "someone" needs to put Eden Park out of commission for the rest of the season: Gunston & Gunston (De)Construction, perhaps?

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Would have to be Loss Bleus' best result in years & I think it's obvious that if they're to continue on their journey To Infinity And Beyond "someone" needs to put Eden Park out of commission for the rest of the season: Gunston & Gunston (De)Construction, perhaps?

Yes and play at Pitcairns I think!!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Meanwhile Central Government has endorsed Christchurch City Council's plans for a 25K-capacity (36K for concerts etc) covered stadium pretty much in the middle of Cheechee. Projected cost is $473Mn of which CG will put up $220Mn. Work to commence next year & be completed by 2024. No mention of fast-track legislation to stop it getting tied up in court by the NIMBY brigade but I'd imagine that it'll be needed.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/119944757/crown-approves-christchurch-stadium-funding

Well overdue IMO & while 30K would be better in terms of getting the big AB Tests back I guess that has to be balanced against the other 50-odd weekends of the year when it'll sit either empty or the players & officials will outnumber the punters.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Guess who's back, back again
Akira's back, tell Kiwi M, zer0 & The Dismal One
Guess who's back, guess who's back?
Guess who's back?

Blues: Stephen Perofeta, Joe Marchant, Rieko Ioane, TJ Faiane, Mark Telea, Otere Black, Sam Nock; Akira Ioane, Blake Gibson, Tom Robinson, Jacob Pierce, Patrick Tuipulotu (capt), Ofa Tuungafasi, Kurt Eklund, Karl Tu'inukuafe. Reserves: James Parsons, Ezekiel LIndenmuth, Sione Mafileo, Gerard Cowley-Tuioti, Tony Lamborn, Jonathan Ruru, Harry Plummer, Matt Duffie.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...shed-to-face-hurricanes-challenged-to-rampage

Hurricanes: Jordie Barrett, Kobus van Wyk, Vince Aso, Ngani Laumape, Ben Lam, Fletcher Smith, TJ Perenara (captain), Gareth Evans, Du'Plessis Kirifi, Vaea Fifita, Scott Scrafton, Isaia Walker-Leawere, Tyrel Lomax, Asafo Aumua, Xavier Numia. Reserves: Dane Coles, Pouri Rakete-Stones, Alex Fidow, James Blackwell, Devan Flanders, Jamie Booth, Billy Proctor, Wes Goosen.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...-defies-dark-times-to-reach-coveted-milestone

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Bulls: 15 Warrick Gelant, 14 Cornal Hendricks, 13 Nafi Tuitavake, 12 Johnny Kotze, 11 Rosko Specman, 10 Manie Libbok, 9 Embrose Papier, 8 Muller Uys, 7 Josh Strauss, 6 Marco van Staden, 5 Ruan Nortje, 4 Ian Groenewald, 3 Trevor Nyakane (captain), 2 Jaco Visagie, 1 Lizo Gqoboka. Substitutes: 16 Corniel Els, 17 Gerhard Steenekamp, 18 Wiehahn Herbst, 19 Ryno Pieterse, 20 Ruan Steenkamp, 21 Ivan van Zyl, 22 Morne Steyn, 23 Divan Rossouw.

Clan TBA later tonight.

KiwiM

Nev Cottrell (35)
Guess who's back, back again
Akira's back, tell Kiwi M, zer0 & The Dismal One
Guess who's back?

Excellent. Perfect time to give Sotutu a spell.

A quote from Leon Macdonald

"Akira has been training hard. He is in terrific shape and raring to go now that he has his chance.'

Also Sam Nock still at 9? Yeah that works!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Clan: Michael Collins, Josh McKay, Ngane Punivai, Josh Ioane, Jona Nareki, Mitch Hunt, Aaron Smith, Marino Mikaele-Tu'u, Dillon Hunt, Shannon Frizell, Manaaki Selby-Rickit, Jesse Parete, Siate Tokolahi, Liam Coltman, Ayden Johnstone. Replacements: Ash Dixon (cc), Daniel Lienert-Brown, Jeff Thwaites, Jack Whetton, Teariki Ben-Nicholas, Kayne Hammington, Teihorangi Walden, Tima Fainga'anuku.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby...s-recruit-ngane-punivai-a-debut-against-bulls

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Stormers' bye & last night's results have put Tribe top of the table & will remain there unless 'canes beat Loss Bleus by 31+ with a BP (Loss Bleus can also theoretically go top with a BP win but the margin would have to be 40-50).

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Loss Bleus can also theoretically go top with a BP win but the margin would have to be 40-50.

tenor.gif

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ pre-Mach there were two. "Slim" just left town, 1:51 after kickoff...........

EDIT: I've tipped 'canes 1-12 & really need the margin bonus points so the last thing I wanna see is a flogging.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
If you're gunna shoot up out of the D line like that, Ngani, you've gotta make the tackle not run into a trailing player. Also YTF was that not a PT? May not matter as Akira looks to have scored barring a knock-on but surely that was killing the ball 101 by 'canes. No knock-on so it's just did he get there? Which he did & astonishingly Loss Bleus could & should be in front in ~30sec. And they are, 7-5.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Imagine only leading the Blues by 1 point at half time.

As a New Zealand franchise.

At home.

With 769% possession, and enough territory to found a new state.

After the Blues have flown back from South Africa.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ I suspect your last observation will have a major/ decisive bearing on the outcome. But, yeah, if you're a 'canes coach (or supporter) you're pretty pissed off right now.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Perofeta having dropped 2 x high ones cold tonight alone, surely you'd be bombing him not Black who I don't think has dropped one in his career?

Possible Red Card here. Tucked arm, contact to head, Lomax is gooone. Pigeons, meet cat.