• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Under-20 Competitions including Oceania & World U20s

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
Haven’t watched the game yet but seen the score.

This team is elite if given the right opportunity and man for man not sure if there is a better team on talent. We just need to get the right rugby smarts through game experiences in these guys, that they have seen it all on the field by 26 so we can get them in both their physical and mental primes. Where they can physically dominate but also the mental capability through game experience to problem solve on the field. Unfortunately our systems will mean these guys are playing their 50th game at 26, where as the French team will be playing their 150th.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Watched the game in full. Superb performance from the boys. The quality of handling and support play from these lads is first class. They look organised and trust each other. Can't help but think that like the 2019 side we're going to see quite a few of them in Super and Wallaby teams.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Haven’t watched the game yet but seen the score.

This team is elite if given the right opportunity and man for man not sure if there is a better team on talent.
The French pack is big, but they are very talented as well, especially their 9 who the French reckon is a better prospect than Dupont. Not fair to call us the most talented side IMO.

Marce

John Thornett (49)
The French pack is big, but they are very talented as well, especially their 9 who the French reckon is a better prospect than Dupont. Not fair to call us the most talented side IMO.
I think France is a better forwards pack by far. At the backline, hand by hand, some Junior Wallabies can match the French

Marce

John Thornett (49)
So France is the triple champion at U20s level. The next decade the French are gonna dominate the rugby world stage

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Watching the final at the moment and jeepers those French lads look massive. I reckon with the size difference our boys have done well to place where they have in this tournament.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Having watched the tournament I think WR (World Rugby) doesn't do enough with the under 20s level of the game. It's probably the most I've enjoyed watching Rugby for a while if I'm honest. Every game is a must win but instead of grinding out games for the sake of winning they go for it. It's at this level where I think a World League could really work.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Having watched the tournament I think WR (World Rugby) (World Rugby) doesn't do enough with the under 20s level of the game. It's probably the most I've enjoyed watching Rugby for a while if I'm honest. Every game is a must win but instead of grinding out games for the sake of winning they go for it. It's at this level where I think a World League could really work.
I agree they could do a lot more with it (or maybe it's us, NZ and SA who really should be doing more) but it is a little tricky monetizing age grade rugby when it's not fully professional. Can easily stray onto exploitative territory. Definitely not an argument against though, more a reminder that they need to tread carefully.

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
Having watched the tournament I think WR (World Rugby) (World Rugby) doesn't do enough with the under 20s level of the game. It's probably the most I've enjoyed watching Rugby for a while if I'm honest. Every game is a must win but instead of grinding out games for the sake of winning they go for it. It's at this level where I think a World League could really work.
You’re right, a good advertisement for the game. But unfortunately the fact Results/stats/news weren’t even on ESPN scrum, shows it’s importance to WR (World Rugby)