• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Under-20 Competitions including Oceania & World U20s

Confucius Say

Arch Winning (36)
How many forward passes does the Irish 10 have to throw before the ref sees one and calls it. They are not even flat. It’s a QB pass.

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
Definitely not getting the 50/50s.

Clear knock on before that last penalty and pretty sure if this game had video ref the Irish winger would have got a yellow at a minimum on the Aussie winger. Would also like to see the disallowed try in the corner.

We are playing well but lacking some explosiveness in the pack.

bhim

Allen Oxlade (6)
Screen Shot 2023-06-29 at 7.50.13 pm.png

Definite head to head

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Young Wallabies having to do a mountain of defence because they can't win a turnover at the ruck, while Ireland have turned the ball over at least 6 or 7 times. Do any of our teams at any level train to win ruck ball or is it the mentality that our No 7 is a pilferer and it's all up to him? Precisely why we have to have a different approach in TRC and RWC.

Having said that, those last points came from a couple of poor misses by the ref and ARs that should have seen the Junior Wallabies with scrum feeds, but instead led to possession to Ireland and then the penalty that allowed them to kick to a lead at half time.

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
I thought fair enough on first look, but the camera down the line showed it to be a tighter call than first look with him lifting his legs. Probably right call but camera other way would have been interesting.
Yeh live I think the right call would be to say no try. But would be interesting with another view

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
We're a skillful side, but we could be playing smarter for the conditions
We really aren't (smart). The Irish are starting to control this now and I think the Australia is the better (or at least as you say, more skillful) team.