• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

USA and Canadian Rugby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
That 30,000 is on top of tbe pre-registered tickets that were released on Sunday. Not sure how many of those were sold but 30,000+ sold 4 1/2 months ahead of the game is great. Could be a watershed moment for USA Rugby.

Wow, that's crazy! I would have thought the 30,000 included the pre-registered. If not, they might already be close to a sell out as I assume a lot of the rugby community would have pre-registered.

If it does sell out I hope it doesn't just turn out to be a one off thing. The sooner there is professional domestic rugby in North America and they are able to be included in the rugby championship the better.

SANZAR need to make some strategic moves to ensure North America is aligned with our season and not with Europe's, at least at test level. It could be a key driver of revenue growth that will help us compete with Europe and keep our best players at home long term.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Well, every group involved in trying to bring pro rugby to the US are loiking to tgw soring/summer window to avoid conflicting with the NFL and College football. They all want to try and tap into that market as well as the existing rugby community.

This suggests that whether intentiinal or not their natural fit will be more aligned with SANZAR. Plus, the only real opportunity to gain access to a annual international championship is via the RC.

SevensPhD

Chris McKivat (8)
Over 58,000 tickets sold already to the All Blacks v USA match!

Nice payday for both NZ (1 million USD was guaranteed) and USA.

I am sure the exciting style of rugby and come from behind win against Canada has boosted sales. Maybe we can stay within 50 points!

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
that is very impressive
i think the wallabies should follow suit and find a suitable match sponsor (macquarie is present and large in both countries and sponsors canada in rugby already) and play a game in Vancouver at B.C place. between vancouver, victoria and calgary fans as well as the large English, Kiwi and Aussie expat community, the game would sell out (55,000) and would be a great way to start a tour to Europe and provide the players with somewhere new to tour/play in.
Sydney - Vancouver direct - london direct and then in europe and home.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
a week in vancouver. training session over in Victoria. hit a canucks game. promote the game in north america
great idea on the back of Vancouver's push to secure a leg of the IRB sevens (see rugbycanada.ca) has the backing of the Vancouver city, BC government and CAnadian government.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
b.c place has a retractable roof so it could be played there in winter.
kicker will be that b.c place has turf, albeit the best grade. IRB has allowed some u-20 and america's championship games on turf.
we'll see, but time of year is not a problem in van.

Status
Not open for further replies.