1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

USA v All Blacks Test - Chicago November 2014

Discussion in 'Rugby Matches' started by mst, May 14, 2014.

1. mst Ken Catchpole (46)

2. Brumby Jack Steve Williams (59)

2015 eh?

I guess that means neither the All Blacks or USA are in the World Cup final, unless they can fly to Chicago straight after the final

;)
  3. mst Ken Catchpole (46)

Hand up! :oops: I did the typo and requested the edit! My Bad.
  4. Dismal Pillock Mark Loane (55)

Mccaw has a pilots license.
  5. Brumby Jack Steve Williams (59)

This is true.

Just glide on over.
    mst likes this.
  6. KevinO John Thornett (49)

Something the Wallabies should consider, i'm sure the All Blacks and NZRU are making a fortune off this one test match.
  7. mst Ken Catchpole (46)

Wow the All Blacks program is slick - cost saver on air fares by having a run on pilot!
    badabing59, Dan54 and tranquility like this.
  8. waiopehu oldboy David Wilson (68)

Gotta say I much prefer this & last year's match in Japan to a meaningless 4th Bledisloe in HK or Tokyo - although, there is still the small matter of somehow regaining the one major trophy missing from the NZRU cabinet. I refer, of course, to the much-coveted DHL Trophy.
  9. grousehouse Bob McCowan (2)

10. Hugh Jarse Rocky Elsom (76)

What would the impact be for Rugby in the USA if the #1 team from NZ came over and absolutely belted the Eagles by 90+ points to very little?

Would they appreciate the beauty of the game when they see an exhibition of the top Tier 1 nations skills, and use that to gel them into action which would get them to start throwing some serious money at developing the game in the USA, or would the general USA populace lose interest in a sport in which there doesn't appear to be any hope of them gaining world dominance in the short to medium term?
    ChargerWA likes this.
  11. qwerty51 George Gregan (70)

I'm sure they'd love the opportunity but teams would rather play the All Blacks.
  12. USARugger John Thornett (49)

This. It's selling out so quickly because of the All Blacks. It's the only rugby sporting team the general public would have any familiarity with.

I've actually lost track of the number of times I've seen some complete random wearing an All Blacks top or hat on my walks to/from work.
  13. Scrubber2050 Mark Ella (57)

Who says the AB's will be World Champions in November 2015 ???

Fucking unlikely given the form. England and Australia on the way up and NZ not anywhere as far ahead as they have been in recent years.
  14. waiopehu oldboy David Wilson (68)

That's as maybe but we'll fo' sure be World Champions in November 2014 when the game is played.
    badabing59 likes this.
  15. MajorlyRagerly Trevor Allan (34)

Nice to read a positive thread about this. All I seem to read is how disgusting it is that we aren't playing in Samoa etc etc. Very refreshing.

If I was childless, I'd be there in a second. Should be a great experience & would love to attend.
    Ruggo likes this.
  16. ACT Crusader Jim Lenehan (48)

We'll let the Aussies and England peak between World Cups...
  17. USARugger John Thornett (49)

Stick to the historical form book of peaking in the Quarter Finals and we'll just call it even then! ;)
  18. Ruggo Mark Ella (57)

I don't think you lads will win another RWC until next time you host one. I tip Australia will keep their 100% record of RWC's that have been hosted in the UK. :D
  19. waiopehu oldboy David Wilson (68)

According to Planet Rugby, "Nearly 40,000 tickets have already been sold for this year's Test match at Soldier Field in Chicago between the USA and New Zealand.

"NZRU chief Steve Tew told Radio New Zealand that sales are well on track to fill the 61,000 seater home of the Chicago Bears.

"So far tickets have only been released to American rugby fans from outside of Chicago, with the rest likely to be snapped up in due course.

"The first match between the two nations in America since the 1980s will take place on November 1.

Should the fixture sell out as expected, there will be record crowd for a rugby match held in the United States."
  20. Jets Mark Loane (55)

The AB's AIG sponsorship is the reason this game is going ahead. That and the fact that they'll make a mint.

It would be great if the Wallabies played teams on the way to Europe. Japan are in the top 10 teams in the world, Canada and USA would love to play us too. Short sighted from the ARU in my view.
    Brumby Runner, boyo and RugbyReg like this.