• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wales v All Blacks @ Cardiff

Status
Not open for further replies.

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
To be brutally honest, if the ABs had not made so many errors it would have been a much bigger score. Which is a obvious statement, but Wales seemed to be very defense orientated.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
A
To be brutally honest, if the ABs had not made so many errors it would have been a much bigger score. Which is a obvious statement, but Wales seemed to be very defense orientated.
Agree. And if you look at the quality of the tries

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Final Score Detail:
WAL 16 (1T: Webb; 1C: Halfpenny; 3PG: Halfpenny(3)) def by

NZL 34 (6T: Kaino, Read, Barrett (3), Savea; 3C: Barrett (2), Slade; 1PG: Barrett)

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
By gee that Webb went well at 9 Cardiff, though not a fan of Phillips. HP is also a top quality player, and he went well again. I thought Barrett showed that perhaps he not really a starting 10 in big games, operates a lot better when he comes on as replacement , or goes out wider where game is not so tight. AB forwards I though all went pretty well, and once again I think most of world rugby would be relieved that McCaw is well past it, because he not looking too bad for a useless old man. Piutau looked to put his stamp on wing spot, worked hard the whole time he on field, and you just know Savea is going to score a try when presented with good ball and only a couple of men to beat. Think ABs will go home from tour pretty happy with what was achieved, most things Shag wanted to do seemed to be done.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
By gee that Webb went well at 9 Cardiff, though not a fan of Phillips. HP is also a top quality player, and he went well again. I thought Barrett showed that perhaps he not really a starting 10 in big games, operates a lot better when he comes on as replacement , or goes out wider where game is not so tight. AB forwards I though all went pretty well, and once again I think most of world rugby would be relieved that McCaw is well past it, because he not looking too bad for a useless old man. Piutau looked to put his stamp on wing spot, worked hard the whole time he on field, and you just know Savea is going to score a try when presented with good ball and only a couple of men to beat. Think ABs will go home from tour pretty happy with what was achieved, most things Shag wanted to do seemed to be done.
Think so too. Shoed they could soak up almost everything and then produce sublime finishes when needed

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Pleased Rhys Webb is getting better. Philips must retire. Biggar played well. In the end though back row forwards just too numerous and too good. Mc caw is irreplaceable rugby god

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Think what makes me greenest with envy is the culture of winning nz have now. Doesn't matter if they are having off day or some weapon is blunt like sbw today. They can hang on in and then out of no where a try appears! Think Hansen deserves credit for that

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
<snip>
Mc caw is irreplaceable rugby god

So was Michael Jones, and Graham Mourie, and Kelvin Tremain and ... ... ...

As Max Boyce sings of The Outside Half Factory, I am sure that the Lords of Darkness have an Openside Flanker Factory hidden deep in the Tararua Ranges just outside Paraparaumu. Unlike your lot, they haven't cracked their mold. Ron was found out and fired before any damage could be done.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
So was Michael Jones, and Graham Mourie, and Kelvin Tremain and . . .

As Max Boyce sings of The Outside Half Factory, I am sure that the Lords of Darkness have an Openside Flanker Factory hidden deep in the Tararua Ranges just outside Paraparaumu. Unlike your lot, they haven't cracked their mould. Ron was found out and fired before any damage could be done.
I know. Someone earlier posted a sickening vid. That was a who's who of best ever flankers.They've been doing it for years. I can remember back to Kirkpatrick but am sure it has been ever thus. And I can't remember a time when they've missed a beat

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Top tackling from Wales but somehow they never really threatened.

NZ a clusterfuck for the first 65 mins

Beaugen/Money Bill axis crumbled in the crucible. All happened too fast for them, that rush D might've been offside half the time but it worked. Forced Beaugen into some hasty shonky kicks. Probably relegated himself to utility status for next year. Ditto Money Bill.

A test that you'd have to say they both flunked.

how bout the welsh comm at the start "what happened in 2007? New Zealand lost and the rest of the world laughed at them."

YEH WHO'S L***HING NOW YA G** B**** PHLEGM-SOAKED 61-Y**R L**ING C**T. L**GH NOW L**GH LATER

Biggar was a total stud with his tackles

The HB was a real menace. Then Phillips comes on and tries a box kick that came with it's very own telegraph pole, must've had Welsh fans screaming noooooo, too late, Read over in the corner

It almost seems like NZ stick to the game plan (persisting with short passes at the game line today even though the D was already up, it's not on, gah, there they go again, turnover) obstinately just cos they know they have the HyperDrive Jailbreak Motherf**ker Bailout gear in reserve for the last 15 when the oppo hopefully run out of puff...

Grant NZ

Bill Watson (15)
But seriously, Wales defence was bloody impressive until a horrendous bounce of the ball for 1/2P which took the wind out of their sails, though they were also guilty of trying to shut up shop with 10 minutes to go which is bloody hard against any top team and especially so vs NZ.

The AB's defensive structures were also good for the most part also, but they were helped by Wales mostly lacking any real spark on attack. Even then Wales had a couple of real chances in that first half that could have changed the game.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
But seriously, Wales defence was bloody impressive until a horrendous bounce of the ball for 1/2P which took the wind out of their sails, though they were also guilty of trying to shut up shop with 10 minutes to go which is bloody hard against any top team and especially so vs NZ.

The AB's defensive structures were also good for the most part also, but they were helped by Wales mostly lacking any real spark on attack. Even then Wales had a couple of real chances in that first half that could have changed the game.
This is so true. Trying to hang on to 1 pt lead was never going to be a sane plan

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Now that the in-laws 50th wedding anniversary is done & dusted I've been catching up on G&GR while I wait to go to the airport.

Great game, Wales once again gave it plenty but just couldn't go the distance which must be a concern with RWC not too far away. Based on what I've seen of the 3 "pool of death" teams thus far, I suspect it'll be Wales to miss out unless either Gats can turn things around dramatically, or the Wobblies implode.

I know. Someone earlier posted a sickening vid. That was a who's who of best ever flankers.They've been doing it for years. I can remember back to Kirkpatrick but am sure it has been ever thus. And I can't remember a time when they've missed a beat

Pretty sure that was me :)

So was Michael Jones, and Graham Mourie, and Kelvin Tremain and . . .

As Max Boyce sings of The Outside Half Factory, I am sure that the Lords of Darkness have an Openside Flanker Factory hidden deep in the Tararua Ranges just outside Paraparaumu. Unlike your lot, they haven't cracked their mold. Ron was found out and fired before any damage could be done.

Nah, that's just a decoy. The real facility is on Pitcairn:

image.jpg

The potential 7's live in the building on the left @Dismal Pillock in the one to the right. Any boy who doesn't pass the final Test has to stay on Pitcairn, only those deemed to have the potential to don the sacred 7 Black shirt are permitted to return to the mainland. One hell of a motivational tool, that.

Wifey's cousin who lives around the corner from us doesn't have Setanta & NFW was she going to pay the sub fee for this, but her mum & dad in NZ have Sky so just before kickoff she Skypes her dad & tells him to point the laptop camera at the TV. Et voila! Live streaming, kiwi styles.

Status
Not open for further replies.