• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wales v All Blacks @ Cardiff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shelts89

Tom Lawton (22)
Please name any welsh coaches who haven't annoyed you or any other Orc

Well my memory of rugby doesn't go back beyond the early 2000's but Graham Henry, Hansen, Ruddock. I should add Jenkins but that's unfair. I only liked him because he seemed so determined to make you rubbish.

I quite liked Ruddock. You guys played a great brand of Rugby under him.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Think what's been interesting under Lancaster is that orcland had broken with their overpaid dickhead image. There are exceptions but these days I find I don't hate them. Not like the lord bald days

Shelts89

Tom Lawton (22)
Think what's been interesting under Lancaster is that orcland had broken with their overpaid dickhead image. There are exceptions but these days I find I don't hate them

Lancaster is such a nice guy, impossible to hate him. Though we still have the odd dickhead with their dad in the coaching set up. No names though ;)

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
But there's nothing wrong with gatlandball. I've watched lions iii so many times. Gatlandball at its best. Even your guys got the hang of it

Shelts89

Tom Lawton (22)
Other than the fact that it doesn't work against Oz, SA or NZ. It's also very predictable. Which is rich coming from an England fan, we're predictable too.

As for Sean Edwards, he does know how to organise a defence.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Other than the fact that it doesn't work against Oz, SA or NZ. It's also very predictable. Which is rich coming from an England fan, we're predictable too.
You did watch the lions tour? Trouble is it relies on your players being at least as fit asthe opposition. When we play Sh teams we never are

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
We always can be relied on to make a stupid mistake. Warbs in rwc, Rhys webbs cut out pass last week, Rhys priestlands brain fart kicks in last five minutes on tour over here. George North trying to offload the ball in the dying seconds last week

Shelts89

Tom Lawton (22)
But if the style isn't working for Wales, why not change it? He has had 6 years of not being good enough now. And if its fitness then again there has been 6 years to address that.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
But if the style isn't working for Wales, why not change it? He has had 6 years of not being good enough now. And if its fitness then again there has been 6 years to address that.
We've done ok thanks. Better than the neighbours. Cementhead s record is exemplary. As for fitness issue trouble is we can't force players to stay in Wales and the top 14 is a meat grinder. It's going to be this way til the regions become financial.

Shelts89

Tom Lawton (22)
We've done ok thanks. Better than the neighbours. Cementhead s record is exemplary. As for fitness issue trouble is we can't force players to stay in Wales and the top 14 is a meat grinder. It's going to be this way til the regions become financial.

Fair point on keeping the players in Wales. You just don't have the money. But both us and Ireland have beaten SH sides in the last few years. Therefore our recent record against them is better is it not? Oh and add France to that list now. For me Ireland arre the top NH side right now.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Fair point on keeping the players in Wales. You just don't have the money. But both us and Ireland have beaten SH sides in the last few years. Therefore our recent record against them is better is it not? Oh and add France to that list now. For me Ireland arre the top NH side right now.
But we've won more 6n than in the golden era. Ireland have got it right. Strong regional teams that keep players at home.

Please don't bring up france. They are still in disarray. The top 14 has completely screwed the national side. Yesterday the Australians were exposed. They're gonna have to improve massively to compete with the irish

Status
Not open for further replies.