• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wales v Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
A much better game from Skelton. His clean outs were effective and he carried the ball safely.

Congrats to Faulkner on his cap. Great stuff.

Yeah I thought he was very good around the field but the scrum is a major issue. Can we send him off to Gloucester for a week with Laurie?

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Welsh tears are the most delicious tears.........

In all seriousness, that was a very strong performance by Wales for the first test together since June, and a rather auspicious but lackadaisical performance by the Wallabies

Our forwards bench replacements are not settled still.

Ireland and France have yet to play in the Autumn but we are going to have to improve substantially or we could drop those games. The England game looks like a 60/40 in their favour atm based on their game v the ABs.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
You beauty! Never in doubt.....

Fark that was tense. Talk about the Pool of Death at the RWC next year.

Got to hope TK & Izzy stay fit.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Foleys kicking won us that.

And nearly lost it. But that could've been Hooper's decision to kick it away. It was a strange one as the was the one to not take the earlier penalty (but paid off).

Foley's kicking under pressure has been awesome this year, will be key in the WC.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Alexander and Skelton...........

Both great around the field, but their scrummaging.......... ugh.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Yeah I thought he was very good around the field but the scrum is a major issue. Can we send him off to Gloucester for a week with Laurie?
To be fair I though his first 5 scrubs were quite good. He got really flat and seemed to have it together, but then lost his concentration on that last one.

Showing signs of improvement, but more important, coachability.

K

KAOPointman

And nearly lost it. But they could've been Hooper's decision to kick it away. It was a strange one as the was the one to not take the earlier penalty (but paid off).

Foley's kicking under pressure has been awesome this year, will be key in the WC.
I agree....his kicking nearly lost the game aswell. Motm deservedly tho. The bench did well today.

Wallabies played well today....was a pretty solid welsh defence!!

EPIC GAME :)

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Scored more points than last year, attack is still there. Defensive systems will come with time, Tahs had the best defence and Grey will get them on track.

Status
Not open for further replies.