• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wales v Wallabies, Cardiff, Nov 30 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Well done Australia - thoroughly deserved victory. There's been a few games over the last few seasons where I felt we shaded the game and deserved the win, but it would've be a travesty if we'd managed a score at the end and win that.
Some of the interplay between the likes of Genia, Cooper, Folau & co was sublime to watch. The way Quade ran the show just highlights how bloody moronic it was to omit him from the series vs the Lions.
Back to the drawing board for Wales, our sub Liam Williams just booting the ball downfield in the 78th minute just highlights how far some of our players are from having any tactical nous or awareness.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
You're right mun. Just compare what we did twice in two minutes at end with New Zealand vs ireland

Zander

Ron Walden (29)
biggsy, this is not the same Quade playing. It's not a case of I told you so, he's making far less errors, his improved game dramatically for the better. No doubt the coach has something to do with this but also his attitude is now the most impressive thing. Sour grapes.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
biggsy, this is not the same Quade playing. It's not a case of I told you so, he's making far less errors, his improved game dramatically for the better. No doubt the coach has something to do with this but also his attitude is now the most impressive thing. Sour grapes.
Think this is spot on. Robbie deans was a godawful coach

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Well done wallabies. Nice hard fort win to end the tour.....
I'm sure I noticed a little grin on links face.

Liked the build up of izzy's try. Genia with quick ball,2 massive hits from the welsh and izzy busting through leaving 3 welsh players lying on the grass thinking WTF happened.

badabing59

Cyril Towers (30)
Glad I have the Ashes to keep me occupied until next season.

Just looked at the 7's calendar, Sth Africa next week, Las Vegas in Jan, and Wellington beginning of Feb. Whew! Dodged a conversational bullet there.

Apologies, got off-topic there. Congrats to Wallabies for a positive finish to the season, and look forward to doing battle again next year.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Just back in our hotel after the Wales v Wallabies Test at Millenium. Pleased we did enough to win although I think we could have possibly scored 2 more tries with a bit of luck/better execution. Some good composure at the end.To top the night off, the ever amazing TPN gave his jersey to my better half!

Wales Fan

Alfred Walker (16)
You're right mun. Just compare what we did twice in two minutes at end with New Zealand vs ireland

Totally, no composure at all. Trying that stupid 12 man lineout too when we'd bollocked up nearly every other lineout.
Selection too, Samson Lee screwed his opponent in his first scrum and we drove Aus back. How can you pick a starting tighthead who's 5th choice for his region in a big game like this. Semantics I guess but Gatland just pisses me off at times with his selection. Mike Phillips is a busted flush too.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)

I would say Link has been the major instigator behind Quade's development. It's fairly simple, Dean's didn't know how to manage players. I actually think he was a good coach, but he clearly didn't know how to handle explosive young talent once it got out of hand. This is as much Link's victory as it is Quade's. They have both worked tirelessly to improve his game, attitude and rapport with the rugby public since Link first took up the reds in 2010, and now Ewen is reaping the benefits. Credit where credit is due, that man knows how to get the best out of his players.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Wallabies are really missing xfactor KB (Kurtley Beale) and JOC (James O'Connor)

I hate that we aren't hearing about the xfactor and how a player brings it. Instead we get this boring tripe about structure and teamwork and culture and discipline - like you need anything more than some gifted young players with xfactor to win a a world cup.

Sent from my GT-P5100 using Tapatalk

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Things are building nicely, but until we can regularly scare the Darkness and the Yarpies then the job isn't done.

Can't wait until Team Rehab players return. 2014 should be a good year.

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
Absolute cracker tonight! Cardiff crowd was something else. My little guys were lucky enough to catch a few players for the mandatory high-five! Izzy was a big hit with them.

Izzy-and-the-boys.jpg

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Watching the Welsh singing their national anthem at the millennium stadium is one of the great spiritual experiences. Has to be just about at the top of my bucket list to be there and experience it for real.
You are absolutely right, it is something to be experienced. My better half took a video that gives a taste of it.
. The Welsh are mad, passionate Rugby fans but generous of spirit and welcoming. You will not regret making the effort to get here.

Status
Not open for further replies.