• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wales v Wallabies, Cardiff, Nov 30 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

drewprint

John Solomon (38)
Who's that bloody Welsh commentator with the high-pitched voice? Forgot how much I despise him until I watched the replay of the Wales-SA game the other night. Boy he likes a good one-eyed whinge.

Dai bando

Charlie Fox (21)
His name is Johnathan Davies was a welsh Fly half of some note, but he can be a pratt always has a silly grin on his face, so much better to listen to him than see him.
I will be at the game of course with my good wife, so will be on my best behaviour:rolleyes:

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Dai is he the same Jonathon Davies who had a stint in league to? If so he was a bloody good player in both games..... pity that doesn't translate to his commentary though.

drewprint

John Solomon (38)
Ahh, thanks mate. Every country has their poor commentators (christ knows Australia has plenty) but he in particular irks me!

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
His name is Johnathan Davies was a welsh Fly half of some note, but he can be a pratt always has a silly grin on his face, so much better to listen to him than see him.
I will be at the game of course with my good wife, so will be on my best behaviour:rolleyes:
Nothing wrong with jiffy

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
..... he was a bloody good player in both games... pity that doesn't translate to his commentary though.
Watching the Wales v Tonga match at the moment - not entirely convinced that Jonathon hasn't come straight from a long lunch to his commentary duties!

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Dai is he the same Jonathon Davies who had a stint in league to? If so he was a bloody good player in both games... pity that doesn't translate to his commentary though.
Yes - if I recall correctly he first switched to league to play for the Bulldogs.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Actually,I don't mind Davies as a commetator.
Geez Wallabies will be able to stand down another 8 players and still beat that Welsh team if it plays like it did tonight. that was one dire test!!!

Wales Fan

Alfred Walker (16)
Actually,I don't mind Davies as a commetator.
Geez Wallabies will be able to stand down another 8 players and still beat that Welsh team if it plays like it did tonight. that was one dire test!!!

Wales wouldn't beat the Wallabies U20's side on that display. Not many of the 2nd string put a claim forward to play next week. 3 or 4 of them aren't available in any event and will head off back to their club sides in France/Eng
Shit, shit display.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Yup. We've certainly hidden our talents well in the run up to next week. Good thinking by gatland to tell the bois to play like a bunch of incompetents

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Yes - if I recall correctly he first switched to league to play for the Bulldogs.
Think it was actually to go north to Warrington. But he did come out here to play for Canterbury for a year and then I think he played for cowboys. With respect dai he's no prat. Last truly great outside half we've had

JD_BKK

Frank Row (1)
Certainly no prat, great player in both codes! Here he is on the right, after the Six Nations finale against England this year, I think you can guess the nationalities of the other three :)

Attachments

• _66447027_jiffy.jpg
    _66447027_jiffy.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 2,399

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
He's as one-eyed as Kearnsy and Marto - and that's saying something.
He was actually willing Wales on in the Wales vs Argentina match.

The only time he isn't one-eyed is when the All Blacks play, and he is all over them in the commentary ;)

Welcome JD, by the way.

JD_BKK

Frank Row (1)
Thanks Bairdy, I agree to the one eyed bit, blind patriotism? I think the same can be said for most home based commentators, the late , great Bill McLaren was an exception!

badabing59

Cyril Towers (30)
He's as one-eyed as Kearnsy and Marto - and that's saying something.
He was actually willing Wales on in the Wales vs Argentina match.

The only time he isn't one-eyed is when the All Blacks play, and he is all over them in the commentary ;)

Welcome JD, by the way.

Bairdy just listened to him commentating the Kiwis V Poms loig semi-I'll never ever criticise Marto and Kearns again. Even worse than the match you mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.