• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wales v Wallabies, Cardiff, Nov 30 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Paradox

This for Oz

1. Slipps
2. Moore
3. Kepu
4. Simmons
5. Horwill
6. Fardy
7. Hooper
8. Mowen
9. Genia
10. Cooper
11. Cummins
12. Lilo
13. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
14. Tomane
15. Folau

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Wales favourites for this test. Expecting them to deliver a world of hurt on the hapless Wallabies.

Wales by 30

JD_BKK

Frank Row (1)
Wales favourites for this test. Expecting them to deliver a world of hurt on the hapless Wallabies.

Wales by 30

That would make a few happy in Wales, it won't happen though, one score either way, too close to call!

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
This for Oz

1. Slipps
2. Moore
3. Kepu
4. Simmons
5. Horwill
6. Fardy
7. Hooper
8. Mowen
9. Genia
10. Cooper
11. Cummins
12. Lilo
13. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
14. Tomane
15. Folau

I'd drop Kepu. He gave away some stupid penalties against Scotland and didn't appear to do much else. Hopefully two weeks on the bench has given Alexander some fire in his belly.

I'd drop Simmons too. He needs to learn not to be a dumb-ass. Is that his third yellow for the Wallabies this year? Maybe give Timani a start in his place.

How long is To'omua out for? If fit, I'd have him in for Lealiifano.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
I'd drop Kepu. He gave away some stupid penalties against Scotland and didn't appear to do much else. Hopefully two weeks on the bench has given Alexander some fire in his belly.

I'd drop Simmons too. He needs to learn not to be a dumb-ass. Is that his third yellow for the Wallabies this year? Maybe give Timani a start in his place.

Hooper has had more yellow's this year..... is this a basis for dropping him to? To'omua is already home & Robinson or Kepu to start, Alexander can carry oranges.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)

To'omua's gone home. Next week it will be AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) in 13 and either Harris/Lilo in 12. On the basis of their play against Scotland I'd play Harris and make him the kicker. Lilo's kicking was poor and you can't reasonably blame the field.

Simmons had a brain-fart, he often does. But that aside his contribution was very good. Timani is a natural replacement for Horwill, not Simmons. Our lineout loses a lot with him not there.

Kepu was a very active defender, particularly in the first half. He's well in front of Alexander for scrummaging and although Alexander made some good hits when he came on I was happy with Kepu's field performance.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
I agree. But it's easy to be fair when you know your team is going to win. My pet hates are kearns, inverdale, Barnes, Ian monkey felcher Robertson and all of the mickers.
Perhaps, but the first time I really took note of how humble the Kiwi commentators are was in 2008 in Dunedin when the boks won there for the first time and since I have always paid attention and they compliment other teams if they deserve it.

They're just a great rugby nation and seems to only care about good rugby and all who play the game are family to them.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
That was my experience with most Kiwis in person during RWC 2011.
Yes. I think that's why they have so much respect because in spite of all they are actually humble.

Back to the topic. This is going to be a great test. I feel the Wallabies are playing too many tests in a year. Perhaps it's for financial reasons I don't know but I quite like the 3 match EOY tour we've had the last two years.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I must admit I enjoy the Aus V Welsh threads the most. The Welsh lads add some real colour to the content.

Really worried about this one. Looking at @Paradox's team above I think that's the best team available.

Quite a credit to To'omua that in his rookie season he is now the player I think we will the most. He has really made 12 his own.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Yeah this game worries me. All I can say thank whatever deity you like that the Welsh backs aren't at full strength, because we'd have our work cut out even more on the weekend. Their injury problems have evened the game up. I reckon it'll be close, but we've got a bit of a hill to climb. We're going to need plenty of big bodies hitting the line at pace and offloading in contact to keep the Welsh defence on the back foot. We're also going to need to be very accurate at the breakdown and keep the ball in hand for long periods. The Welsh can counter and they can also launch wave after wave of attack themselves. When they get their tails up it can feel like an avalanche.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
If the Wallabies can continue with the upwards trend in the pack both scrummaging and contesting wise then I feel they will take this game. The Welsh however have a very good scrum so the Wallabies' discipline will need to be good.

If Halfpenny is there he will slot them over from all over. Should the Wallabies win.. well look out for them come 2014.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
If the Wallabies can continue with the upwards trend in the pack both scrummaging and contesting wise then I feel they will take this game. The Welsh however have a very good scrum so the Wallabies' discipline will need to be good.

If Halfpenny is there he will slot them over from all over. Should the Wallabies win.. well look out for them come 2014.

We're back into 3rd pal, we're coming for you :)

T

tranquility

What will this week be, the tenth time in a row we have beaten Wales?

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
If the team is picked on current form, Lilo will not be in the 15.
Mowen's reluctance to give Cooper or Harris the kicking duties at Murrayfield almost cost us the match. He must not be so generous against Wales.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
A really big talking point for the Wales V Aussie test is Harris V Lilo for 12.

Personally I think Harris was much more effective against the Scots, his carries were intelligent and he was solid in D.

Harris did have the benefit of not attacking from an unfamiliar position, but still on that form I'd be picking him to start against Wales, especially since Quade's kicking stats are looking more welcoming that Lilo's.

Mowen's reluctance to give Cooper or Harris the kicking duties at Murrayfield almost cost us the match. He must not be so generous against Wales.

I'd be suprised if the captain was given this decision. I think it's more a coaching directive given via waterboy.

Status
Not open for further replies.