• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wales v Wallabies, Cardiff, Nov 30 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
But the way they played their other games would probably have them as close favourites.
Only as good as their last game. This really should of been our hardest test of the tour. Probably still can be. Wales just butchered numerous opportunities. Halfpenny looks good though and we know wales will be up for it.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Only as good as their last game. This really should of been our hardest test of the tour. Probably still can be. Wales just butchered numerous opportunities. Halfpenny looks good though and we know wales will be up for it.
I hope we play better than our last game.
Wales are no mugs, the team we face will be better than that against Tonga. They deserve respect.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
A really big talking point for the Wales V Aussie test is Harris V Lilo for 12.

Personally I think Harris was much more effective against the Scots, his carries were intelligent and he was solid in D.

Harris did have the benefit of not attacking from an unfamiliar position, but still on that form I'd be picking him to start against Wales, especially since Quade's kicking stats are looking more welcoming that Lilo's.

I'd be suprised if the captain was given this decision. I think it's more a coaching directive given via waterboy.
I would say Harris looked better than Lilo because the ball didnt get past harris alot he played a more ball runner 12 than play maker.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Tim Cymru bit difficult to pick but here goes.
1 gethin
2 Hibbard
3 jones
4 awj
5 charteris
6 warbs
7 lidiate
8 faletau
9 Philips
10 biggar or priestland
11 Liam Williams
12 Scott Williams
13 beck
14 north
15 1/2p

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Let's hope not otherwise we re all in for a kick fest in mud between two cod ordinary outfits. I m hoping for something better than the three dollops of shite I've stayed up to watch last two nights. Convinced that filling the French league with imports is killing their national team. Would love to know what the French practice these days. They play like they just met 10 mns before ko.

P

Paradox

well in front of Alexander for scrummaging

I'm not convinced yet he's any better. Yes scrum was better against Ireland but it was also better against Italy in the first half when Alexander was at 3. However, I think Kepu deserves another go but his dumb penalties need to be cut out and he runs way to upright into contact. Get lower son, you're a tank.

BarneySF

Bob Loudon (25)
Agree about being as good as your last game, but NH teams tend to lift against us - and often break ducks - which we often contribute to. This will be a close one.

Wales Fan

Alfred Walker (16)
Tim Cymru bit difficult to pick but here goes.
1 gethin
2 Hibbard
3 jones
4 awj
5 charteris
6 warbs
7 lidiate
8 faletau
9 Philips
10 biggar or priestland
11 Liam Williams
12 Scott Williams
13 beck
14 north
15 1/2p

Charteris is back to Perpignion & not allowed to play unfortunately for us. So with big Bradley out injured it'll have to be Ian Evans alongside AWJ at lock.
One piece of reasonably good news is Cuthbert is back in training this week and may be available after 6weeks on the treatment table. Not sure if it's totally good news as he is an awful defensive player but very dangerous in attack. Liam Williams played well against Argentina and would be unlucky to miss out.
I think Owen Williams may start at centre ahead of Beck too.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
his name is jonathan davies was a great playing in both union and league and is now a well respected commentator and when we welsh kick you convicts areses next week you will see why hes well respected when he has a great big grin on his face and is smug as you aussies are all the time

But does he wear a Leek?

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
This for Oz

1. Slipps
2. Moore
3. Kepu
4. Simmons
5. Horwill
6. Fardy
7. Hooper
8. Mowen
9. Genia
10. Cooper
11. Cummins
12. Lilo
13. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
14. Tomane
15. Folau

It seems obvious enough so there is little chance of it happening.

Wales Fan

Alfred Walker (16)
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) always plays well against us as does Berwick Barnes. We've had so many close calls over the last few years against you guys where we've thrown games away that were there for the taking that I have no confidence at all that we can win this one. Aus by 8.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Matt To'omua has been key in our recent improvement in the backs. Genia is slowly getting better and Quade is playing with confidence.
Having Robinson, TPN and hopefully Gill on the bench will help see us come home strong in the second half but we will miss Toomuas influence in mid-field.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Hopefully we'll see:

Slipper
Moore
Kepu
Simmons
Horwill
Fardy
Hooper
Mowen
Genia
Cooper
Cummins
Harris
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
Tomane
Folau

Robinson, Alexander, Polota-Nau, Timani, Gill, White, CFS, Foley

I'd prefer to have Foley as both the backup fullback and 10 on the bench. He's more deserving of the bench spot than Leali'ifano after a poor display against Scotland.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
en_force_er, given my original comment and your reply re the choice of goal kicker, I'd be interested if we could get clarification as to who makes the decision during the match (not prior to the match). Is it the Captain or the Coach, or a "tactician" (to use a sailing term)?

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Wales' record without Roberts and Adam Jones is pretty poor, they are essential to Gatland-ball. Without these two I'd have to make Australia marginal favorites at this stage. The Wallabies can go after the Welsh scrum, without Jones it has always proven to be vulnerable.

Also Gatland anointing his side favorites will be the last thing that they need. He just needs to learn to keep his mouth shut!

Status
Not open for further replies.