• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wales v Wallabies, Cardiff, Nov 30 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Round 15

Bob McCowan (2)
I think we can rule the breakdown. If we do that, then we are halfway to a win. Agreed, kicking will be important. Have to say our defensive work is pretty good. Might just get us home.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
good team overall - last game for 2013 - some of these boys need a big rest - think they only get 4 weeks off before back training with their franchises.

Wallabiies by 12 (I hope) another win will end the year on a good note and bring some confidence for 2014 against those bloody frogs

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
TPN at 8 :confused:

am I missing something??

TPN was player of the series in the World Under 19s or 20s tournament (can't remember which) as a number 8. Pretty sure that it was the 2006 Under 19s World Cup, which we won.

We could do worse.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
4am kick off Sydney time. Foxsports coverage should start at 3:30 or 3:45.

That would be an hour earlier for you Queenslanders I believe.

something

Jim Clark (26)
thanks, i get home from work and can actually watch a game live! i always just dont look at anything and watch the replay when i get home

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
TPN was player of the series in the World Under 19s or 20s tournament (can't remember which) as a number 8. Pretty sure that it was the 2006 Under 19s World Cup, which we won.

We could do worse.

well there you go, learn something every day o_O

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
Is there ever a case when a couple of injuries in the centres wouldn't leave a team in disarray? You carry a maximum of three back reserves with one being a halfback. Losing any two backs is always going to make things tricky. If Australia lost both centres, Cummins would end up playing 13, Folau 14 and Foley at fullback.

Thank god someone else realises this... I thought I was going crazy. If you lose players in the middle of a season, it causes issues,r egardless of how much 'depth' you have.

Hammeroid

Chris McKivat (8)
good team overall - last game for 2013 - some of these boys need a big rest - think they only get 4 weeks off before back training with their franchises.

Wallabiies by 12 (I hope) another win will end the year on a good note and bring some confidence for 2014 against those bloody frogs
They get all of December and most of January off. They only return a couple of weeks before super rugby season. That's in mid February, they have plenty of off time

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)

Based on this year's form under psa don't think you have too much too worry against France.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Give yourself an uppercut for posting a Daily Heil link on here.
Apologies. But think its revealing of the thinking that goes on in cement's head.

Since the departure of the optimism gnome I've been thinking today about how we go about losing this game. Top of my top 10 weakness in cementball comes aimless kicking. If we are going to persist, and it seems integral to the gatland way, we'd better be good at closing down folau. We blew the sa game that way. Actually think kicking for touch might be a novel approach we might try. Cept that our lineout is number 2 on my list of weaknesses

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
Apologies. But think its revealing of the thinking that goes on in cement's head.

Since the departure of the optimism gnome I've been thinking today about how we go about losing this game. Top of my top 10 weakness in cementball comes aimless kicking. If we are going to persist, and it seems integral to the gatland way, we'd better be good at closing down folau. We blew the sa game that way. Actually think kicking for touch might be a novel approach we might try. Cept that our lineout is number 2 on my list of weaknesses

Cheers, mun.

T

Tip

Cooper & Issy to dominate inexperienced Welsh combinations at 10, 12 & 13. 34 - 22 Australia, 4 tries to 1.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

We could do worse.

We did win that year but it was S Fainga'a who was starting hooker and captain of the team.........

Not only was TPN not part of that team but he was a Wallaby hooker (off the bench) in 2005, which was the year he won IRB U21 player of the year........

Status
Not open for further replies.