• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wales vs Australia, EOYT 2010, Millenium Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
I've just had it from a second source, live in Cardiff, that the roof has been closed through the week and the surface is dry.

The weather forecast is sunny intervals, with a light breeze and a light rain shower forecast for 15:00.

So no mud, and no rain to speak of. Pretty much ideal conditions for rugby.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
I think if the roof is open it will drown out some of the crowd noise and help the younger blokes concentrate more.

I'm looking forward to the greatest Wallaby fullback of all time (yes, that's right I have officially called it before anyone else) playing on the ground he made his test debut at a year ago.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
I think if the roof is open it will drown out some of the crowd noise and help the younger blokes concentrate more.

I'm looking forward to the greatest Wallaby fullback of all time (yes, that's right I have officially called it before anyone else) playing on the ground he made his test debut at a year ago.

I'll go on your bandwagon, Reddy! Once Gilbert sorts out his aerial skills then the sky is the limit for him.

JJJ

Vay Wilson (31)
change of topic...

whats Wayne Barnes like as a ref? likely to penalise our scrum? stickler for rules? or more of a flow?

The last game I recall him reffing us in was the lonely victory last year in Brisbane against the Boks. That was a cracking match, though the Boks fans complained that he let us get away with bloody murder at the breakdown.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
The last game I recall him reffing us in was the lonely victory last year in Brisbane against the Boks. That was a cracking match, though the Boks fans complained that he let us get away with bloody murder at the breakdown.

He reffed the Breakthrough in Bloem too.

T

Travi34

Cheers Kronze and JJJ - no issues with Wayne Barnes then assuming he has a solid performance....

The ground is a bit of a worry still though.. 3 weeks old only... scrummaging will be interesting...

Gilbert is great, exciting, unpredictable, and a great attacker... his Defence has stepped up leaps and bounds, but i'll wait until after the RWC to make the call of greatest fullback... might turn out to be a winger, or play maker...

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
I hope we don't see any injuries to any of the piggies due to a shit surface again. I would dearly love to see Wales at full strength next year. (the fact I want to see the WBs at full strength goes without saying - so I won't).

JJJ

Vay Wilson (31)
12 degrees and sunny in Cardiff at the moment according to Mr Internet. No rain forecast. I wonder if they had the sprinklers on all night?

T

Travi34

does rain help the welsh? or us? or what?

I'd have thought the Welsh being a running "around" side would want it dry and firm... and with the WBs good kicking game field position would be our forte.... IMO...

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member

I have you well and truly in the "Queenlander KB (Kurtley Beale) hater" box Reddy! - you aren't going to make me go back through your posts are you?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Gagger, Reddy! Would provide countless gems from a post-trawl, but then you would have another 10 minutes of your life you never get back. But think of the passion!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.