• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wales vs Australia, EOYT 2010, Millenium Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epi

Dave Cowper (27)
Don't know if Gits is error prone. He never falls off tackles.

He does have a habit of not running straight though.

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
not sure why gits is even in the squad let alone starting. Nows about building combos for world cup, not next years tri nations and being an ABs fan starting SBW against ENG is a good decision as he will probably be off the bench in the WC but will come on for smith at centre. But a combo of Cooper and Gits will more than likely lose games for you in the big matches as they are error prone. So why not have a sensible influence from Barnes, just like Aaron Mauger was for the Saders.

:fishing

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I am sure that one of the first things Robbie Deans said when he started as Wallabies Coach was "nothing lasts forever". Giteau defies this. I am sure all most of the posters here want is to see Giteau held accountable for his form. Bench him for the bloke who has shown form. That bloke is Barnes.

N

Newter

I am sure that one of the first things Robbie Deans said when he started as Wallabies Coach was "nothing lasts forever". Giteau defies this. I am sure all most of the posters here want is to see Giteau held accountable for his form. Bench him for the bloke who has shown form. That bloke is Barnes.

Barnes will get a shot when he starts against Leicester on Tuesday. A big performance for 80 minutes and he'll probably be #12 against England.

But he has to properly earn it, because Gits hasn't been that bad.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Looks good for the Wales game.

Hopefuly Giteau has another good performance! Here is something for the Giteau haterz, write down a set of goals you want him to achieve for the game on the weekend (ones that you think Barnes could achieve) and see how he goes. Rather than constantly saying he didn't meet the standards you made up after the game was played. Thats easy to do, oh look, Mitchell only made 2 line breaks, anything under 3 is pathetic....

And not to say he has my full support. If he looks good on the pitch and the stats back up his positive influence, i'll support him. But if he starts missing tackles and throwing poor passes i'll call for Barnes as well. But he is doing everything i would expect from him right now.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
What's the bet a Wallaby gets a yellow card tomorrow?

That's 2 matches without one so we must be due.

Lance Free

Arch Winning (36)
Hi guys, first post on this site.

Been reading the articles on here for a good while and thought i might as well join in.

Here's a link to a quiz the Welsh players took today bit of fun, Hook slips up a bit at the end!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/rugby_union/welsh/9162485.stm

Is that Bunbury in Oxford troxler? I know the place. I've got a mate who lives there. You're more than welcome to post here regardless of your origin - Taff, Pom or whatever?

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Dick Brown ain't starting, no worries for the first 60 odd :D

Quade just posted a story about his new "tough guy" status on his facebook so told him not to get carried away with it. One push to the back of a bloke's head doesn't make you tough.

If we stay disciplined with our play we should come back undefeated this tour. Anyone know where I can put some dollars on that? French are the big danger though.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Quade is as tough as my 91 year old granny. She smacks me in the back of the head all the time! Do that against the Frogs and some dirty snail-eater will bash him.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Is that Bunbury in Oxford troxler? I know the place. I've got a mate who lives there. You're more than welcome to post here regardless of your origin - Taff, Pom or whatever?

You're thinking of Banbury Lance.

B

BRIX

Haha. Don't want to sound like your 91 y.o. gradmother (god bless her), but It's all about channeling that agression isn't it.

I see this as a good thing the fact that he's manning up, now he's got to just beleive his own hype and follow through with it.

Like a lot of NZ's, it's Inherently in them to throw the shoulder into a hit and he does this often, when he goes too low he tends to get brushed off. I wouldn't be at all suprised to see QC (Quade Cooper) throwing that generous frame of his around at the tackle a little more to back up his new role as antagonist :angryfire:

D

dwats002

Have to say this but Quade is just a pussy. Leave that to the fowards mate!!

B

BRIX

Time will tell lad, lets give him a chance to back it up by making some solid tackles...

On another note, it's been reported by a few sources that the Welsh have decided to leave the roof open. Nice way to repay the 60,000+ Welsh fans.

Class personified

Status
Not open for further replies.