• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wales vs South Africa, Sunday 10 Nov, Cardiff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wales Fan

Alfred Walker (16)
Injuries cost us any chance of winning the game unfortunately. Some were self inflicted with our idiotic winger trying to go high on Bismarck (bit stupid).
Jonathan Davies was a huge loss on attack - he looked early on to have the measure of the Bok centres particularly Fourie who looked a little of the pace defensively.
We also persisted in running into Alberts - which is never advisable. Running around him or wrong footing him would have made more sense.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Game of the weekend for sure. Pleasure to watch. It shows how good the boks are ATM. They did really well in Wales.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Not quite sure what was worse. Him or the whinging Welsh commentators.

The playing surface. That was worse than anything else by far.

The boks looked frighteningly devestating at times.

whatty

Bob Loudon (25)
Why are we picking J Fourie? Is he playing s15 next year?
Does HM have him in mind for the RWC???

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Why are we picking J Fourie? Is he playing s15 next year?
Does HM have him in mind for the RWC???

I hope not. Davies ran through him three times before he went off. If Davies stayed on this could have been a very different ball game. But for the chase and pass to du Preez I though he was way off the pace.

But Heyneke Meyer is singing his praises so I hop he finds form coz he ain't getting dropped soon.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
I've really started to enjoy watching the Saffa's play this season. Even though they aren't the most expansive side, they are brutal, their hit hard, they run hard, they chase hard, and they are aggressive as all hell.

This game was a good example of that. I lost count of the amount of times the likes of Alberts, Etzebeth and Vermuelen were damaging with ball in hand and in defence.

The Welsh were OK, but I thought that the loss of Davies was vital in the way that match played out.

George North needs to rove a bit more (he did for periods but not enough), because without Roberts, he is their most damaging back.

Faletau and Lydiate were completely outplayed by their opposites as well.

Wales Fan

Alfred Walker (16)
That JdV try was a thing of beauty though. Not only did that one play produce a great team try, but it left 2 Welshmen broken, lying on the floor.

That highlights Welsh naivety to me - our centre Scott Williams was down in midfield getting treatment on an eye/blood injury. If we'd taken him off and had a blood replacement on that try may not have happened. Instead we had a hooker covering in the centre trying to mark Habana.
Crazy play from us but great from SA to highlight our midfield weakness at the time.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Welsh were down a prop already.
You mean we were a prop down. Coenie replaced Malherbe because of the previous warnings and the scrum still went down. When this happen its usually the LH who either go up or down when the heat is on. I am satisfied with Malherbes debut. Can only get better from here.

Regarding the test I have to admit that Morne just show how much he is suppose to be valued. He and FdP always go together and had the feeling if he stayed it could have been a run away score. Wales never match our physicality and Duanne stood out. I expected silly shite from Battleship, Etsebeth, Flippie or Duanne but never Flo. He nearly cost Duanne a yellow and it was flippen stupid. Wales should thank him.

That first try was one of the besdt I have ever seen by a Bok team. Awesome ! Turned the test on its head.

Status
Not open for further replies.