• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wales vs South Africa, Sunday 10 Nov, Cardiff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mank

Ted Thorn (20)
Absolutely no way it'll blow out like that. Wales have a shot, I think. I know Meyer has done a fair bit to help the Boks away-game in the 3N, but for EOYT the jury is still out. Packed Cardiff stadium, crowd singing, a lot of the Welsh boys on a high after the lions series - buggered if I'd write them off.

Each year we (SA) seem to travel back in time, remembering when we used to go to the NH and belt them all easily. But that hasn't happened (bar the odd game) since when, prior to 2000? Earlier?

More recently, every year the Bok team underwhelms in the AIs, particularly in the first few games. If, a huge if, we can play like we played in the 4N then I expect the Boks to be too strong for Wales and a 20 point win. But if the last 13 or so years are anything to go by, it'll be a scrappy, error ridden, tight game. Not one that will be good for my nerves.

I'll be in the stadium though. Look for the guy with the forward facing face.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Each year we (SA) seem to travel back in time, remembering when we used to go to the NH and belt them all easily. But that hasn't happened (bar the odd game) since when, prior to 2000? Earlier?

More recently, every year the Bok team underwhelms in the AIs, particularly in the first few games. If, a huge if, we can play like we played in the 4N then I expect the Boks to be too strong for Wales and a 20 point win. But if the last 13 or so years are anything to go by, it'll be a scrappy, error ridden, tight game. Not one that will be good for my nerves.

I'll be in the stadium though. Look for the guy with the forward facing face.
Lucky Bastard. Enjoy the cold Castles in the pubs around the Stadium. Myself lost my friends there in 1999 and felt like I was on the moon.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Coenie is a LHP though, isn't he? Why would he be concerned with who plays THP?

Becuase he has been the TH backup.

Played TH at school.

He has been the official TH backup since HM took over and the plan was for the scrum coach Peter de Villiers (the french prop not the lunatic) to do a lot of work with him. Has almost exclusively come on as TH for the Boks in the last 2 years and is seen as a long term option at TH.

He has switched to TH numerous times for the Cheetahs as well.

I still think HM sees him as an impact player. He is the sort of high energy player that will come on, carry well, hit hard in tackles and his ball pinching is as good as some opensides. I think with Frans starting we will see Coenie come on a lot earlier, around the 50 min mark.

Personally I think he should be seen as the official backup to LH and we get rid of Steenkamp and have the luxury that Coenie can also pack down at 3 if required. I rally hope Adriaanse gets a start at 3 on this tour becuase I think he is our best TH option even though he is a bit of a potplant.

PiXeL_Ninja

Bill Watson (15)
It will be at Millenium right? I'd assume they will have the roof closed? Hopefully anyway.
Yeah but HM was quite bullish when he said that he wants his charges to learn to "play in the NH conditions" and said that he wanted the roof open (both Coaches must agree if the roof is to be closed)

Turns out that it will be closed, so not sure what sparked the about-turn

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Castle beer in Cardiff?
The only castle there is Cardiff Castle.
Well I also thought so before my visit in 1999 and got totally lost because of it. Told my group that I will meet them at one of the Castle Beer signs at a pub after the WC final. After the Wallabies won it I saw most pubs around there have the Castle beer sign on it and was totally lost. Luckily I spot some Aussies and they help me get on the train back to London and they even gave me some NSW wine and a piece of whole braaied chicken on our way back. We had such a ball I even got past my train stop and nearly end up on the other side of London with the Aussies. 1999 isnt that long ago, just maybe Wales changed from then.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
Well I also thought so before my visit in 1999 and got totally lost because of it. Told my group that I will meet them at one of the Castle Beer signs at a pub after the WC final. After the Wallabies won it I saw most pubs around there have the Castle beer sign on it and was totally lost. Luckily I spot some Aussies and they help me get on the train back to London and they even gave me some NSW wine and a piece of whole braaied chicken on our way back. We had such a ball I even got past my train stop and nearly end up on the other side of London with the Aussies. 1999 isnt that long ago, just maybe Wales changed from then.

Fair enough.

whatty

Bob Loudon (25)
Do we play like the last couple of games or resort to type, that is what i am am keen to see.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
More looking forward to this game than the Wallabies to be honest. Think ill be staying up to see. Just hope the Boks play like they did through the Rugby Championship and Battleship brings the hate.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Very physical game, with Jiffy Jr subbed off permanently due to his shoulder, and L Williams in the concussion bin.

Fair to say that the Saffers are winning the collisions and the breakdown thus far.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Battleship try from a rolling maul 5m out. Score 6-17, 18 minutes gone.
1/2p adds 3 for a brekadown offence by van Der Merwe.
24 minutes gone, 9-17.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Holy fuck, the Wallabies pack could learn a thing or two from this match.
Both these forward packs are absolutely belting each other

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Both teams counterattacking at will, and belting each other.
Love it. What a half of rugby

Status
Not open for further replies.