• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wales vs Springbokke

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
No, Meyer has not had a continuous conveyor belt of players through the national side. I would say he has maintained pride in the jersey in this respect. Some people want every young upstart to be given a chance. I want a stable side.

You see picking foreign players as cheapening the jersey. I see picking any flash in the pan newcomer that comes along (in SA) as cheapening the jersey.

I'm not so sure we have "more than enough talent" to maintain the standards if we lose a bunch of players overseas. You can't replace experience. What if we pick the youngsters, then once experienced, they leave too? Do we just keep replacing them?
Its clear that his balance between experience and young players isnt right. We have been through the cc form players like Kriel, Carr, Dreyer, Relinghuys, Senatla, Whiteley, de Allende not getting enough gametime in the tests. If we had lost with them I would swallow those losses with ease. No he keep on picking has beens and paid a hectic price. I wont be surprise if we dont make the WC semis.

His has beens was vokken nowhere.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
If you think losing to Ireland and Wales is OK, then you are just mad. They have paast us in the run to the WC. We wont catch them with this golden oldies. Now I see he want to bring back Morne and Kirschner. Liewe Bliksem Man. I wont watch the Bokke if he do this. Vok that.

Mank

Ted Thorn (20)
If you think losing to Ireland and Wales is OK, then you are just mad. They have paast us in the run to the WC. We wont catch them with this golden oldies. Now I see he want to bring back Morne and Kirschner. Liewe Bliksem Man. I wont watch the Bokke if he do this. Vok that.

Heh. I feel your pain.

I don't think it's acceptable. The only side it's acceptable for us to lose to is NZ. Even that hurts but I consider it ok as long as we lose with some dignity.

But come on, every coach picks his match players and that is it. You can say what if, what if, blah blah till we grow old but we will never know if your side would have done better than the picked side. It most likely would not.

It's too easy to blame everything on a coach. But the evidence says that all coaches regress to a norm.

In short, we disagree, but that's ok because we can do it civilly :)

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
In short, we disagree, but that's ok because we can do it civilly :)
Very true what you say, trust me the Meyer supporters were the most hectic Piet Snor critics during his tenure. Now they struggle to get to terms that their Meyer is actually a stupid coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.