• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2019 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I feel like Hodge would be a worthwhile experiment for Bled 1............

Revert to a traditional 5/3 bench with Rona and Banks in there.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Cheika might take a chance on Petaia? He has the numbers.
Rona is just there but not really contributing a lot.
Wouldnt be a bad call if your good enough your old enough he should be in the squad

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
He has been solid, but he hasn't exactly been dominating opponents by burning them, laying them out, skittling would be tacklers or leaving them for dead like Reiko did. Reiko had already played a heap of games for Auckland starting at 17, won All Blacks 7s player of the year at 18, was almost 19 when he got capped for the Blues and almost 20 when he got capped for the All Blacks. This is one of the best players in the world.

It would be a mistake to push Petaia in there because the guys who really should be there are injured, instead of because he is ready. With a potential precious resource, I'd say sure, let him be in the squad as an apprentice - but look to Hodge, Naivalu and even Speight at 13 before throwing this kid to the wolves. If it was Tier 2 nations, or we had the RC in the bag, then maybe.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Too soon for Petaia atm, he should get a train on spot in the squad to expose him to the setup and give him something to aim for but I'd be amazed to see him capped before the world cup. The best thing for him will be an NRC season now and a full u20s tournament next year. The tournament/big game experience he can get there is much more valuable to his development a few super rugby games.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I am beginning to think Miller could be - a roughie for a World Cup spot behind hopper and Pocock as would be on current form matching the next contenders at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Miller's too small: 98kg and 183cm will get schooled at test level.
3kg lighter than Hooper. 18kg lighter than Pocock though.

Sam Cane 103kg, Ardie Savea 95kg, Warbs 103kg, George Smith 105kg, Sean McMahon 101kg, etc

Seems just below average, Pocock quite large for his position.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
I think Miller is a touch over-rated. He's well below Hooper IMO, and I'd have him behind Colby in the pecking order as well.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Pocock purposefully sized down quite a lot after his last surgery and whilst on sabbatical. Plus he's probably one of the most shredded forwards going around. Some places saying he is around the same weight as Hooper - but just a bit better composition

Status
Not open for further replies.