1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies 2019 Thread

Discussion in 'Rugby Discussion' started by Lindommer, Jun 12, 2018.

1. wamberal Simon Poidevin (60)

IMHO the biggest single factor in the Waratahs' winning the Soup title was Jaques Potgieter. He was immense.
    Adam84 likes this.
  2. KOB1987 Mark Ella (57)

Gits is on there singing his praises too
  3. barbarian Michael Lynagh (62)

As much as we potted the selectors for it, there is an argument to suggest their changes at 10 were entirely rational, IF you assume Lealiifano was struggling as badly as we were told after the Fiji game.

The changes at 9 made far less sense, though.
  4. RugbyReg Stirling Mortlock (74)

yes, because I had heard from multiple sources that he was one of the ones who couldn't stand Cheika. Which he partially acknowledges I guess
  5. Tex Peter Fenwicke (45)

I never want to see someone kicked when they're down but Cheika has spent the last 6-odd years bullying anyone with a microphone and contrary opinion. Reap what you sow etc etc
    Rebelsfan likes this.
  6. fatprop David Wilson (68)

I think it is always a complicated relationship between any coach and the players. The ones he is supporting\picking vs those on the outside

I am not sure if you have to love the coach
  7. formerflanker Nicholas Shehadie (39)

Matt Toomua - Classy.
  8. formerflanker Nicholas Shehadie (39)

Anyone remember the quote about coaches being in charge of 15 players who hate them and anther group who are just waiting to hate the coach?
  9. KOB1987 Mark Ella (57)

Also Matt comes across as being a bit more diplomatic and smarter than Quade
  10. Froggy Dave Cowper (27)

A bit of class from Toomua, well done.
    As opposed to Quade, who previously used social media to slag off at Deans, then Thorn, now Cheika, or simply, anyone who didn't select him!
    Penguin and The_Brown_Hornet like this.
  11. fatprop David Wilson (68)

Yeah, it is a bit that 3rd divorce, by then you may be the problem
    Silverado likes this.
  12. The_Brown_Hornet Michael Lynagh (62)

Yeah was going to say the same thing FP. It can't all be the coaches.
  13. Jimmy_Crouch Ron Walden (29)

Was it though? Only two scrumhalves and they basically played the same.
    - White 3 starts v Genia 2 starts
    - White 199 total game minutes v Genia 201 total game minutes
    fatprop likes this.
  14. Ignoto Bob Davidson (42)

I think Barbarian is saying, the selection of Genia for the Welsh and Poms was silly. Both teams knew exactly how Will takes a couple steps from the ruck to pass and took advantage of that. However, White predominately passes from the base.

So, if Chieka and his assistants did their homework, they would know the Welsh 9 shoots up in defence to intercept. So you play White for that game and not Genia.
    Seb V and Uh huh like this.
  15. Brumbieman John Solomon (38)

If the coaches did their job, Genia would have been wearing a remote controlled shock collar at training all year and anytime he so much as half stood up before passing he got a 30 second long shock.

Likewise if he didn't put the ball out in front of his target so the speed of the movement was retained.

Likewise everytime he passed it to a runner who was stationary.

Edit: and everytime he gesticulated at the ref instead of burying his head into a ruck and avoid turning the ball over.
    twisted likes this.
  16. Brumby Runner Rod McCall (65)

Yes, the squad would imo have definitely been improved with a third half back to take some of the workload. The No9s must run at least twice the distance of the next runner in a match.
  17. Silverado Bill McLean (32)

Yeah, should of taken Phipps:)
    Jeeper and Froggy like this.